Nov 7, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers seem like they’re getting healthier by the day. Generally speaking, at least.
The best news came as David Perron announced on Twitter Thursday that he’s already in Philadelphia. The team plays against the Flyers on Saturday afternoon, so this is a good sign he might play after being sidelined since Oct. 27 with flu/neck issues.
People who are both flight attendants and hockey fans might be appalled that he took a photo of his plane landing, however.
(Put away your electronic devices!)
Naturally with the banged-up Oilers, there had to be a little bit of bad news to dampen the mood. The Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson reports that Justin Schultz didn’t practice today and wonders if his groin injury might mean he’ll miss all of the team’s four-game road trip.
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (64)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)