Nov 7, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers seem like they’re getting healthier by the day. Generally speaking, at least.
The best news came as David Perron announced on Twitter Thursday that he’s already in Philadelphia. The team plays against the Flyers on Saturday afternoon, so this is a good sign he might play after being sidelined since Oct. 27 with flu/neck issues.
People who are both flight attendants and hockey fans might be appalled that he took a photo of his plane landing, however.
(Put away your electronic devices!)
Naturally with the banged-up Oilers, there had to be a little bit of bad news to dampen the mood. The Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson reports that Justin Schultz didn’t practice today and wonders if his groin injury might mean he’ll miss all of the team’s four-game road trip.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 14
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 83
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (83)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)