Nov 7, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers seem like they’re getting healthier by the day. Generally speaking, at least.
The best news came as David Perron announced on Twitter Thursday that he’s already in Philadelphia. The team plays against the Flyers on Saturday afternoon, so this is a good sign he might play after being sidelined since Oct. 27 with flu/neck issues.
People who are both flight attendants and hockey fans might be appalled that he took a photo of his plane landing, however.
(Put away your electronic devices!)
Naturally with the banged-up Oilers, there had to be a little bit of bad news to dampen the mood. The Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson reports that Justin Schultz didn’t practice today and wonders if his groin injury might mean he’ll miss all of the team’s four-game road trip.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)