Nov 7, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Clutterbuck suffered an upper-body injury on Nov. 5 while Carkner is a healthy scratch, Newsday’s Arthur Staple reports.
Clutterbuck, 25, is second on the Islanders with 46 hits while missing a few games (he’s played in 12 of 15). Carkner, 33, frequently found himself high on penalty minute lists in Ottawa and racked up 14 against Washington on Tuesday.
Neither seems to be a significant contributor for the Isles, but this does mean they’ll likely boast less snarl in the lineup against the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 3
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 9
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 24
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 84
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 99
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)