Nov 7, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Clutterbuck suffered an upper-body injury on Nov. 5 while Carkner is a healthy scratch, Newsday’s Arthur Staple reports.
Clutterbuck, 25, is second on the Islanders with 46 hits while missing a few games (he’s played in 12 of 15). Carkner, 33, frequently found himself high on penalty minute lists in Ottawa and racked up 14 against Washington on Tuesday.
Neither seems to be a significant contributor for the Isles, but this does mean they’ll likely boast less snarl in the lineup against the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5