Nov 7, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Clutterbuck suffered an upper-body injury on Nov. 5 while Carkner is a healthy scratch, Newsday’s Arthur Staple reports.
Clutterbuck, 25, is second on the Islanders with 46 hits while missing a few games (he’s played in 12 of 15). Carkner, 33, frequently found himself high on penalty minute lists in Ottawa and racked up 14 against Washington on Tuesday.
Neither seems to be a significant contributor for the Isles, but this does mean they’ll likely boast less snarl in the lineup against the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)