Nov 7, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Clutterbuck suffered an upper-body injury on Nov. 5 while Carkner is a healthy scratch, Newsday’s Arthur Staple reports.
Clutterbuck, 25, is second on the Islanders with 46 hits while missing a few games (he’s played in 12 of 15). Carkner, 33, frequently found himself high on penalty minute lists in Ottawa and racked up 14 against Washington on Tuesday.
Neither seems to be a significant contributor for the Isles, but this does mean they’ll likely boast less snarl in the lineup against the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40