Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers are getting an added offensive punch for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay.
Taylor Hall, last year’s leading scorer, will return after missing the last seven games with a knee injury while Linus Omark, the reigning Swiss league scoring champ, will make his season debut as the Oilers look to win back-to-back games for just the second time this year.
Hall, 20, has been out since going knee-on-knee with Ottawa defenseman Eric Gryba on Oct. 19.
“I had a feeling I’d be back sooner,” he told the Oilers’ website. “I had a goal of three weeks when it first happened and I’m back even sooner than that.”
Hall has three goals and eight points in nine games this year, and was averaging over 21 minutes per game prior to getting hurt.
As for Omark, he was recalled from AHL Oklahoma City recently after scoring 12 points in 12 games for the Barons.
The 26-year-old Swede, who had 69 points in 48 games for Swiss League EV Zug last season, has always displayed outstanding offensive ability, but had issues sticking in the NHL due to his lack of a well-rounded game.
He vowed to make that a priority this time around.
“I need to play my game,” Omark explained. “[But also] be responsible with the puck on defense.”
Omark’s last NHL game came in March of 2012.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 4
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 29
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 31
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)