Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers are getting an added offensive punch for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay.
Taylor Hall, last year’s leading scorer, will return after missing the last seven games with a knee injury while Linus Omark, the reigning Swiss league scoring champ, will make his season debut as the Oilers look to win back-to-back games for just the second time this year.
Hall, 20, has been out since going knee-on-knee with Ottawa defenseman Eric Gryba on Oct. 19.
“I had a feeling I’d be back sooner,” he told the Oilers’ website. “I had a goal of three weeks when it first happened and I’m back even sooner than that.”
Hall has three goals and eight points in nine games this year, and was averaging over 21 minutes per game prior to getting hurt.
As for Omark, he was recalled from AHL Oklahoma City recently after scoring 12 points in 12 games for the Barons.
The 26-year-old Swede, who had 69 points in 48 games for Swiss League EV Zug last season, has always displayed outstanding offensive ability, but had issues sticking in the NHL due to his lack of a well-rounded game.
He vowed to make that a priority this time around.
“I need to play my game,” Omark explained. “[But also] be responsible with the puck on defense.”
Omark’s last NHL game came in March of 2012.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 18
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)