Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers are getting an added offensive punch for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay.
Taylor Hall, last year’s leading scorer, will return after missing the last seven games with a knee injury while Linus Omark, the reigning Swiss league scoring champ, will make his season debut as the Oilers look to win back-to-back games for just the second time this year.
Hall, 20, has been out since going knee-on-knee with Ottawa defenseman Eric Gryba on Oct. 19.
“I had a feeling I’d be back sooner,” he told the Oilers’ website. “I had a goal of three weeks when it first happened and I’m back even sooner than that.”
Hall has three goals and eight points in nine games this year, and was averaging over 21 minutes per game prior to getting hurt.
As for Omark, he was recalled from AHL Oklahoma City recently after scoring 12 points in 12 games for the Barons.
The 26-year-old Swede, who had 69 points in 48 games for Swiss League EV Zug last season, has always displayed outstanding offensive ability, but had issues sticking in the NHL due to his lack of a well-rounded game.
He vowed to make that a priority this time around.
“I need to play my game,” Omark explained. “[But also] be responsible with the puck on defense.”
Omark’s last NHL game came in March of 2012.
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvrith makes Sabres debut 0
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 17
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 33
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)