Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers are getting an added offensive punch for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay.
Taylor Hall, last year’s leading scorer, will return after missing the last seven games with a knee injury while Linus Omark, the reigning Swiss league scoring champ, will make his season debut as the Oilers look to win back-to-back games for just the second time this year.
Hall, 20, has been out since going knee-on-knee with Ottawa defenseman Eric Gryba on Oct. 19.
“I had a feeling I’d be back sooner,” he told the Oilers’ website. “I had a goal of three weeks when it first happened and I’m back even sooner than that.”
Hall has three goals and eight points in nine games this year, and was averaging over 21 minutes per game prior to getting hurt.
As for Omark, he was recalled from AHL Oklahoma City recently after scoring 12 points in 12 games for the Barons.
The 26-year-old Swede, who had 69 points in 48 games for Swiss League EV Zug last season, has always displayed outstanding offensive ability, but had issues sticking in the NHL due to his lack of a well-rounded game.
He vowed to make that a priority this time around.
“I need to play my game,” Omark explained. “[But also] be responsible with the puck on defense.”
Omark’s last NHL game came in March of 2012.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)