Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers are getting an added offensive punch for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay.
Taylor Hall, last year’s leading scorer, will return after missing the last seven games with a knee injury while Linus Omark, the reigning Swiss league scoring champ, will make his season debut as the Oilers look to win back-to-back games for just the second time this year.
Hall, 20, has been out since going knee-on-knee with Ottawa defenseman Eric Gryba on Oct. 19.
“I had a feeling I’d be back sooner,” he told the Oilers’ website. “I had a goal of three weeks when it first happened and I’m back even sooner than that.”
Hall has three goals and eight points in nine games this year, and was averaging over 21 minutes per game prior to getting hurt.
As for Omark, he was recalled from AHL Oklahoma City recently after scoring 12 points in 12 games for the Barons.
The 26-year-old Swede, who had 69 points in 48 games for Swiss League EV Zug last season, has always displayed outstanding offensive ability, but had issues sticking in the NHL due to his lack of a well-rounded game.
He vowed to make that a priority this time around.
“I need to play my game,” Omark explained. “[But also] be responsible with the puck on defense.”
Omark’s last NHL game came in March of 2012.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 0
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 12
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)