Nov 7, 2013, 2:28 PM EST
Some news and notes from the blue paint…
Talbot starts for New York
Henrik Lundqvist gets a breather after starring in a 5-1 win over Pittsburgh on Wednesday, as the Rangers will give rookie Cam Talbot the start tonight in Columbus. Talbot has done well since inheriting the Rangers’ backup gig from Martin Biron, going 2-1-0 with a 1.96 GAA and .929 save percentage.
Tonight, Talbot will face a tough test as Columbus counters with the reigning Veniza Trophy winner, Sergei Bobrovsky.
Harding goes again
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
That’s what Minnesota appears to be doing at the moment as Josh Harding will look for his sixth straight win tonight against Washington. Harding is coming off a stellar performance on Tuesday vs. Calgary — stopping 25 of 26 shots in a 5-1 win — and comes into Thursday’s game boasting great numbers across the board: 8-2-1 record, 1.09 GAA, .951 save percentage.
For Washington, Braden Holtby will get the nod after playing well lately, having won six of his last eight starts.
— As we reported earlier, Kevin Poulin gets the start for the Islanders tonight against the ‘Canes, who will counter with Justin Peters.
— Martin Brodeur is in net for the Devils tonight against Philly, but the Flyers have yet to officially name their starter. CSN Philly’s Sarah Baicker reports Ray Emery will get the nod over Steve Mason.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54