Nov 7, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
Some news and notes from the blue paint…
Talbot starts for New York
Henrik Lundqvist gets a breather after starring in a 5-1 win over Pittsburgh on Wednesday, as the Rangers will give rookie Cam Talbot the start tonight in Columbus. Talbot has done well since inheriting the Rangers’ backup gig from Martin Biron, going 2-1-0 with a 1.96 GAA and .929 save percentage.
Tonight, Talbot will face a tough test as Columbus counters with the reigning Veniza Trophy winner, Sergei Bobrovsky.
Harding goes again
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
That’s what Minnesota appears to be doing at the moment as Josh Harding will look for his sixth straight win tonight against Washington. Harding is coming off a stellar performance on Tuesday vs. Calgary — stopping 25 of 26 shots in a 5-1 win — and comes into Thursday’s game boasting great numbers across the board: 8-2-1 record, 1.09 GAA, .951 save percentage.
For Washington, Braden Holtby will get the nod after playing well lately, having won six of his last eight starts.
— As we reported earlier, Kevin Poulin gets the start for the Islanders tonight against the ‘Canes, who will counter with Justin Peters.
— Martin Brodeur is in net for the Devils tonight against Philly, but the Flyers have yet to officially name their starter. CSN Philly’s Sarah Baicker reports Ray Emery will get the nod over Steve Mason.
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)