Nov 7, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
Some news and notes from the blue paint…
Talbot starts for New York
Henrik Lundqvist gets a breather after starring in a 5-1 win over Pittsburgh on Wednesday, as the Rangers will give rookie Cam Talbot the start tonight in Columbus. Talbot has done well since inheriting the Rangers’ backup gig from Martin Biron, going 2-1-0 with a 1.96 GAA and .929 save percentage.
Tonight, Talbot will face a tough test as Columbus counters with the reigning Veniza Trophy winner, Sergei Bobrovsky.
Harding goes again
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
That’s what Minnesota appears to be doing at the moment as Josh Harding will look for his sixth straight win tonight against Washington. Harding is coming off a stellar performance on Tuesday vs. Calgary — stopping 25 of 26 shots in a 5-1 win — and comes into Thursday’s game boasting great numbers across the board: 8-2-1 record, 1.09 GAA, .951 save percentage.
For Washington, Braden Holtby will get the nod after playing well lately, having won six of his last eight starts.
— As we reported earlier, Kevin Poulin gets the start for the Islanders tonight against the ‘Canes, who will counter with Justin Peters.
— Martin Brodeur is in net for the Devils tonight against Philly, but the Flyers have yet to officially name their starter. CSN Philly’s Sarah Baicker reports Ray Emery will get the nod over Steve Mason.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)