Nov 7, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
Glencross was hurt Tuesday versus Minnesota. The 30-year-old has five goals and four assists this season, his nine points ranking him tied for fourth in team scoring.
Add to the equation defenseman Mark Giordano is out 6-8 weeks with a broken ankle and winger Lee Stempniak is out a few more weeks with a broken foot — both those players have nine points as well — and the team that not many expected to be competitive, even if healthy, has a serious challenge ahead of it.
The Flames have lost seven of their last 10 after a surprising 3-0-2 start. Their next game is tonight in St. Louis against a Blues side that’s only lost twice in regulation all season.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11