Nov 7, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
Glencross was hurt Tuesday versus Minnesota. The 30-year-old has five goals and four assists this season, his nine points ranking him tied for fourth in team scoring.
Add to the equation defenseman Mark Giordano is out 6-8 weeks with a broken ankle and winger Lee Stempniak is out a few more weeks with a broken foot — both those players have nine points as well — and the team that not many expected to be competitive, even if healthy, has a serious challenge ahead of it.
The Flames have lost seven of their last 10 after a surprising 3-0-2 start. Their next game is tonight in St. Louis against a Blues side that’s only lost twice in regulation all season.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)