Nov 7, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
Glencross was hurt Tuesday versus Minnesota. The 30-year-old has five goals and four assists this season, his nine points ranking him tied for fourth in team scoring.
Add to the equation defenseman Mark Giordano is out 6-8 weeks with a broken ankle and winger Lee Stempniak is out a few more weeks with a broken foot — both those players have nine points as well — and the team that not many expected to be competitive, even if healthy, has a serious challenge ahead of it.
The Flames have lost seven of their last 10 after a surprising 3-0-2 start. Their next game is tonight in St. Louis against a Blues side that’s only lost twice in regulation all season.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 26
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 57
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (57)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)