Nov 7, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
Glencross was hurt Tuesday versus Minnesota. The 30-year-old has five goals and four assists this season, his nine points ranking him tied for fourth in team scoring.
Add to the equation defenseman Mark Giordano is out 6-8 weeks with a broken ankle and winger Lee Stempniak is out a few more weeks with a broken foot — both those players have nine points as well — and the team that not many expected to be competitive, even if healthy, has a serious challenge ahead of it.
The Flames have lost seven of their last 10 after a surprising 3-0-2 start. Their next game is tonight in St. Louis against a Blues side that’s only lost twice in regulation all season.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39