Nov 7, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
Glencross was hurt Tuesday versus Minnesota. The 30-year-old has five goals and four assists this season, his nine points ranking him tied for fourth in team scoring.
Add to the equation defenseman Mark Giordano is out 6-8 weeks with a broken ankle and winger Lee Stempniak is out a few more weeks with a broken foot — both those players have nine points as well — and the team that not many expected to be competitive, even if healthy, has a serious challenge ahead of it.
The Flames have lost seven of their last 10 after a surprising 3-0-2 start. Their next game is tonight in St. Louis against a Blues side that’s only lost twice in regulation all season.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)