Nov 7, 2013, 3:34 PM EST
It’s been almost three weeks since we wrote our “How are they doing it?” post on the Anaheim Ducks. And guess what? They’re still doing it.
Winning, that is.
The Ducks (13-3-2) beat Phoenix, 5-2, on Wednesday for their third win in a row and sixth in seven.
One player we didn’t mention in the above-mentioned post was defenseman Bryan Allen. But Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau sure didn’t overlook the 33-year-old veteran when he spoke recently with ESPN.com.
“I am so happy with Bryan Allen,” Boudreau said. “To me he’s been our best defenseman all year. This year, it’s like a total rejuvenation. He feels comfortable, he’s playing important minutes, he’s played along young kids [mostly with Sami Vatanen this season].
“Bryan has done so many good things. I’ve been so impressed with him, probably more than anybody else on our team.”
It’s a bit odd that Boudreau would call Allen the Ducks’ “best defenseman all year,” given Allen is fifth among Anaheim blue-liners in average ice time (18:48) — but hey, it’s a nice compliment all the same.
A former fourth overall pick (in 1998), Allen has been sort of a forgotten man in recent seasons, which we suppose can happen when you play in places like Anaheim, Carolina and Florida.
The Ducks host Buffalo Friday and Vancouver Sunday.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)