Nov 7, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers will be without Steve Downie again on Thursday when they take on the Devils.
Downie, acquired last week from Colorado, was hurt in his first game with the Flyers during a fight with Washington forward Aaron Volpatti. Downie suffered a concussion during the scrap and was sent to the hospital following the game for observation.
The 26-year-old has since missed Philadelphia’s last two games, a 1-0 win over the Devils and a 2-1 OT loss to Carolina.
“Steve continues to show improvement,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said in a statement on Wednesday. “He skated today and will again tomorrow.
“His status is day-to-day.”
(Photo courtesy CSN Philly’s Sarah Baicker)
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)