Nov 7, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers will be without Steve Downie again on Thursday when they take on the Devils.
Downie, acquired last week from Colorado, was hurt in his first game with the Flyers during a fight with Washington forward Aaron Volpatti. Downie suffered a concussion during the scrap and was sent to the hospital following the game for observation.
The 26-year-old has since missed Philadelphia’s last two games, a 1-0 win over the Devils and a 2-1 OT loss to Carolina.
“Steve continues to show improvement,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said in a statement on Wednesday. “He skated today and will again tomorrow.
“His status is day-to-day.”
(Photo courtesy CSN Philly’s Sarah Baicker)
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 8
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39