Nov 7, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers will be without Steve Downie again on Thursday when they take on the Devils.
Downie, acquired last week from Colorado, was hurt in his first game with the Flyers during a fight with Washington forward Aaron Volpatti. Downie suffered a concussion during the scrap and was sent to the hospital following the game for observation.
The 26-year-old has since missed Philadelphia’s last two games, a 1-0 win over the Devils and a 2-1 OT loss to Carolina.
“Steve continues to show improvement,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said in a statement on Wednesday. “He skated today and will again tomorrow.
“His status is day-to-day.”
(Photo courtesy CSN Philly’s Sarah Baicker)
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)