Nov 7, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers will be without Steve Downie again on Thursday when they take on the Devils.
Downie, acquired last week from Colorado, was hurt in his first game with the Flyers during a fight with Washington forward Aaron Volpatti. Downie suffered a concussion during the scrap and was sent to the hospital following the game for observation.
The 26-year-old has since missed Philadelphia’s last two games, a 1-0 win over the Devils and a 2-1 OT loss to Carolina.
“Steve continues to show improvement,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said in a statement on Wednesday. “He skated today and will again tomorrow.
“His status is day-to-day.”
(Photo courtesy CSN Philly’s Sarah Baicker)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)