Nov 7, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Skinner, 21, has missed Carolina’s last five games with an apparent hand injury, one he got checked out by specialists in New York recently for a second opinion.
Health has been a major concern for Skinner since appearing in all 82 games in his rookie campaign, a year in which he scored 63 points and won the Calder. He’s missed 29 games over the last three seasons with concussion and upper-body ailments.
This year, the former OHL Kitchener standout had nine points through 10 games. The ‘Canes have unsurprisingly struggled offensively with Skinner out of the lineup, scoring just seven times in their last five contests.
- Blue Jackets couldn’t have scripted franchise’s first playoff home win any better 5
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 7
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 63
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 83
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)