Nov 7, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Skinner, 21, has missed Carolina’s last five games with an apparent hand injury, one he got checked out by specialists in New York recently for a second opinion.
Health has been a major concern for Skinner since appearing in all 82 games in his rookie campaign, a year in which he scored 63 points and won the Calder. He’s missed 29 games over the last three seasons with concussion and upper-body ailments.
This year, the former OHL Kitchener standout had nine points through 10 games. The ‘Canes have unsurprisingly struggled offensively with Skinner out of the lineup, scoring just seven times in their last five contests.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 23
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)