Nov 7, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Skinner, 21, has missed Carolina’s last five games with an apparent hand injury, one he got checked out by specialists in New York recently for a second opinion.
Health has been a major concern for Skinner since appearing in all 82 games in his rookie campaign, a year in which he scored 63 points and won the Calder. He’s missed 29 games over the last three seasons with concussion and upper-body ailments.
This year, the former OHL Kitchener standout had nine points through 10 games. The ‘Canes have unsurprisingly struggled offensively with Skinner out of the lineup, scoring just seven times in their last five contests.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)