Nov 7, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Skinner, 21, has missed Carolina’s last five games with an apparent hand injury, one he got checked out by specialists in New York recently for a second opinion.
Health has been a major concern for Skinner since appearing in all 82 games in his rookie campaign, a year in which he scored 63 points and won the Calder. He’s missed 29 games over the last three seasons with concussion and upper-body ailments.
This year, the former OHL Kitchener standout had nine points through 10 games. The ‘Canes have unsurprisingly struggled offensively with Skinner out of the lineup, scoring just seven times in their last five contests.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6