Nov 7, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Nash, 29, will miss another game tonight when New York visits his old team in Columbus. And at this point, a return to action doesn’t seem imminent.
An ESPNNewYork.com source said that Nash “continues” to perform occasional physical activity at the team’s training facility, which sounds like a long way from being cleared for contact.
The Rangers are feeling Nash’s absence. They’re currently ranked 25th in goals per game (2.07), though they did score five times last night versus Pittsburgh.
“I just hope [Nash is] going to be healthy real soon,” said teammate Derick Brassard. “The team needs him – he’s our best offensive player.”
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 7
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)