Nov 7, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Nash, 29, will miss another game tonight when New York visits his old team in Columbus. And at this point, a return to action doesn’t seem imminent.
An ESPNNewYork.com source said that Nash “continues” to perform occasional physical activity at the team’s training facility, which sounds like a long way from being cleared for contact.
The Rangers are feeling Nash’s absence. They’re currently ranked 25th in goals per game (2.07), though they did score five times last night versus Pittsburgh.
“I just hope [Nash is] going to be healthy real soon,” said teammate Derick Brassard. “The team needs him – he’s our best offensive player.”
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)