Nov 7, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Nash, 29, will miss another game tonight when New York visits his old team in Columbus. And at this point, a return to action doesn’t seem imminent.
An ESPNNewYork.com source said that Nash “continues” to perform occasional physical activity at the team’s training facility, which sounds like a long way from being cleared for contact.
The Rangers are feeling Nash’s absence. They’re currently ranked 25th in goals per game (2.07), though they did score five times last night versus Pittsburgh.
“I just hope [Nash is] going to be healthy real soon,” said teammate Derick Brassard. “The team needs him – he’s our best offensive player.”
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)