Nov 7, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
Nash, 29, will miss another game tonight when New York visits his old team in Columbus. And at this point, a return to action doesn’t seem imminent.
An ESPNNewYork.com source said that Nash “continues” to perform occasional physical activity at the team’s training facility, which sounds like a long way from being cleared for contact.
The Rangers are feeling Nash’s absence. They’re currently ranked 25th in goals per game (2.07), though they did score five times last night versus Pittsburgh.
“I just hope [Nash is] going to be healthy real soon,” said teammate Derick Brassard. “The team needs him – he’s our best offensive player.”
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 0
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)