Nov 6, 2013, 4:59 PM EST
Keith Ballard can’t catch a break.
The Minnesota defenseman, who only recently returned from a concussion, is now out with an upper-body injury and will miss the next two games as the Wild play road dates in Washington and Carolina this week.
Ballard, 31, returned from a seven-game absence on Nov. 1 and provided a spark almost immediately, racking up three points in his first two games back. He also logged a season-high 19:46 TOI in a 4-0 win over New Jersey on Sunday.
Wild coach Mike Yeo said the latest injury is in no way related to the concussion, and doesn’t believe it’ll sideline Ballard long-term.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)