Nov 6, 2013, 2:58 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks fought back from a 3-1 deficit on Tuesday to grab a point in an eventual 5-4 shootout loss to the Buffalo Sabres, but many believe that they should have won in OT.
You be the judge if Tommy Wingels‘ potential game-winner was improperly waved off. Should what seemed like a tally been reviewed in Toronto, at least? Was the right call made?
Here’s a screengrab of the could-be goal taken from CSNBayArea’s video clip:
San Jose certainly isn’t hurting in the standings right now with 24 points in 15 games played, yet a win would have boosted them atop the NHL with 25. Maybe most importantly, it would’ve taken that advantage away from the Sharks’ divisional rivals in Anaheim.
It might not be a stretch to imagine some Sharks fans filing this one away if the team misses some milestone – whether it be a Presidents’ Trophy, division title or even a playoff spot – by a point.
Assuming the wrong call was made, of course.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18