Nov 6, 2013, 2:58 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks fought back from a 3-1 deficit on Tuesday to grab a point in an eventual 5-4 shootout loss to the Buffalo Sabres, but many believe that they should have won in OT.
You be the judge if Tommy Wingels‘ potential game-winner was improperly waved off. Should what seemed like a tally been reviewed in Toronto, at least? Was the right call made?
Here’s a screengrab of the could-be goal taken from CSNBayArea’s video clip:
San Jose certainly isn’t hurting in the standings right now with 24 points in 15 games played, yet a win would have boosted them atop the NHL with 25. Maybe most importantly, it would’ve taken that advantage away from the Sharks’ divisional rivals in Anaheim.
It might not be a stretch to imagine some Sharks fans filing this one away if the team misses some milestone – whether it be a Presidents’ Trophy, division title or even a playoff spot – by a point.
Assuming the wrong call was made, of course.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54