Nov 6, 2013, 2:58 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks fought back from a 3-1 deficit on Tuesday to grab a point in an eventual 5-4 shootout loss to the Buffalo Sabres, but many believe that they should have won in OT.
You be the judge if Tommy Wingels‘ potential game-winner was improperly waved off. Should what seemed like a tally been reviewed in Toronto, at least? Was the right call made?
Here’s a screengrab of the could-be goal taken from CSNBayArea’s video clip:
San Jose certainly isn’t hurting in the standings right now with 24 points in 15 games played, yet a win would have boosted them atop the NHL with 25. Maybe most importantly, it would’ve taken that advantage away from the Sharks’ divisional rivals in Anaheim.
It might not be a stretch to imagine some Sharks fans filing this one away if the team misses some milestone – whether it be a Presidents’ Trophy, division title or even a playoff spot – by a point.
Assuming the wrong call was made, of course.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 30
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)