Nov 6, 2013, 2:58 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks fought back from a 3-1 deficit on Tuesday to grab a point in an eventual 5-4 shootout loss to the Buffalo Sabres, but many believe that they should have won in OT.
You be the judge if Tommy Wingels‘ potential game-winner was improperly waved off. Should what seemed like a tally been reviewed in Toronto, at least? Was the right call made?
Here’s a screengrab of the could-be goal taken from CSNBayArea’s video clip:
San Jose certainly isn’t hurting in the standings right now with 24 points in 15 games played, yet a win would have boosted them atop the NHL with 25. Maybe most importantly, it would’ve taken that advantage away from the Sharks’ divisional rivals in Anaheim.
It might not be a stretch to imagine some Sharks fans filing this one away if the team misses some milestone – whether it be a Presidents’ Trophy, division title or even a playoff spot – by a point.
Assuming the wrong call was made, of course.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15