Nov 6, 2013, 2:58 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks fought back from a 3-1 deficit on Tuesday to grab a point in an eventual 5-4 shootout loss to the Buffalo Sabres, but many believe that they should have won in OT.
You be the judge if Tommy Wingels‘ potential game-winner was improperly waved off. Should what seemed like a tally been reviewed in Toronto, at least? Was the right call made?
Here’s a screengrab of the could-be goal taken from CSNBayArea’s video clip:
San Jose certainly isn’t hurting in the standings right now with 24 points in 15 games played, yet a win would have boosted them atop the NHL with 25. Maybe most importantly, it would’ve taken that advantage away from the Sharks’ divisional rivals in Anaheim.
It might not be a stretch to imagine some Sharks fans filing this one away if the team misses some milestone – whether it be a Presidents’ Trophy, division title or even a playoff spot – by a point.
Assuming the wrong call was made, of course.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 21
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11