Nov 6, 2013, 11:21 PM EDT
McGinn, the Colorado Avalanche forward, caught Jones with a hit into the end boards behind the Nashville net. Jones went to reverse the puck, but just as he turned to face the boards, McGinn made contact, driving Jones hard into the boards from behind.
Jones was slow to get up, but returned to the game, playing one more shift in the opening period, before taking a regular turn in the second.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5