Nov 6, 2013, 11:21 PM EDT
McGinn, the Colorado Avalanche forward, caught Jones with a hit into the end boards behind the Nashville net. Jones went to reverse the puck, but just as he turned to face the boards, McGinn made contact, driving Jones hard into the boards from behind.
Jones was slow to get up, but returned to the game, playing one more shift in the opening period, before taking a regular turn in the second.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 8
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39