Nov 6, 2013, 11:21 PM EDT
McGinn, the Colorado Avalanche forward, caught Jones with a hit into the end boards behind the Nashville net. Jones went to reverse the puck, but just as he turned to face the boards, McGinn made contact, driving Jones hard into the boards from behind.
Jones was slow to get up, but returned to the game, playing one more shift in the opening period, before taking a regular turn in the second.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63