Nov 6, 2013, 8:46 PM EDT
Prior to Wednesday night’s Rivalry Game between the Rangers and Penguins, NHL on NBC analyst Jeremy Roenick spoke with New York goalie Henrik Lundqvist about life in the Big Apple, his emergence as a perennial Vezina candidate, playing the goalie position and his ultimate goal — winning the Stanley Cup.
Here’s the segment, which includes Roenick trying to put the biscuit past King Henrik:
At the time of writing, Lundqvist was showing why he’s one of the NHL’s premier netminders, stopping all 14 shots the Penguins fired his way as the Rangers jumped out to a 2-0 lead.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 2
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28