Nov 6, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
A busted mouth can’t keep the Finnish Flash down for long.
Teemu Selanne — who lost teeth, received 40 stitches and underwent oral surgery following a high stick vs. Philly last week — will return to the lineup earlier than expected, suiting up for the Ducks against Phoenix tonight.
Selanne, 43, has three goals and seven points in 11 games this year for the first-place Ducks and the team has fared well without him, earning five of a possible six points. He was expected to miss two weeks with the injury.
When asked about Selanne coming back a week earlier than expected, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau provided a lighthearted response.
“The old guy heals quick,” he said.
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 0
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 18
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)