Nov 6, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
A busted mouth can’t keep the Finnish Flash down for long.
Teemu Selanne — who lost teeth, received 40 stitches and underwent oral surgery following a high stick vs. Philly last week — will return to the lineup earlier than expected, suiting up for the Ducks against Phoenix tonight.
Selanne, 43, has three goals and seven points in 11 games this year for the first-place Ducks and the team has fared well without him, earning five of a possible six points. He was expected to miss two weeks with the injury.
When asked about Selanne coming back a week earlier than expected, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau provided a lighthearted response.
“The old guy heals quick,” he said.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)