Nov 6, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
A busted mouth can’t keep the Finnish Flash down for long.
Teemu Selanne — who lost teeth, received 40 stitches and underwent oral surgery following a high stick vs. Philly last week — will return to the lineup earlier than expected, suiting up for the Ducks against Phoenix tonight.
Selanne, 43, has three goals and seven points in 11 games this year for the first-place Ducks and the team has fared well without him, earning five of a possible six points. He was expected to miss two weeks with the injury.
When asked about Selanne coming back a week earlier than expected, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau provided a lighthearted response.
“The old guy heals quick,” he said.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 25
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27