Nov 6, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
A busted mouth can’t keep the Finnish Flash down for long.
Teemu Selanne — who lost teeth, received 40 stitches and underwent oral surgery following a high stick vs. Philly last week — will return to the lineup earlier than expected, suiting up for the Ducks against Phoenix tonight.
Selanne, 43, has three goals and seven points in 11 games this year for the first-place Ducks and the team has fared well without him, earning five of a possible six points. He was expected to miss two weeks with the injury.
When asked about Selanne coming back a week earlier than expected, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau provided a lighthearted response.
“The old guy heals quick,” he said.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 14
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 48
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)