Nov 6, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
A busted mouth can’t keep the Finnish Flash down for long.
Teemu Selanne — who lost teeth, received 40 stitches and underwent oral surgery following a high stick vs. Philly last week — will return to the lineup earlier than expected, suiting up for the Ducks against Phoenix tonight.
Selanne, 43, has three goals and seven points in 11 games this year for the first-place Ducks and the team has fared well without him, earning five of a possible six points. He was expected to miss two weeks with the injury.
When asked about Selanne coming back a week earlier than expected, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau provided a lighthearted response.
“The old guy heals quick,” he said.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4