Nov 6, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Subban, 24, is in the final year of his current two-year contract with the Habs, worth a cap hit of $2.875 million per season. He currently sits with 15 points in 16 regular season games.
That puts him second among defenseman in scoring, only two points behind Erik Karlsson from the Ottawa Senators.
It’s a could bet that Subban, based on his numbers alone, could be in for a substantial raise this time around. Consider that Karlsson’s current contract – seven years – is worth $45.5 million and has an annual cap hit of $6.5 million.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)