Nov 6, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Subban, 24, is in the final year of his current two-year contract with the Habs, worth a cap hit of $2.875 million per season. He currently sits with 15 points in 16 regular season games.
That puts him second among defenseman in scoring, only two points behind Erik Karlsson from the Ottawa Senators.
It’s a could bet that Subban, based on his numbers alone, could be in for a substantial raise this time around. Consider that Karlsson’s current contract – seven years – is worth $45.5 million and has an annual cap hit of $6.5 million.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 6
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 111
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17