Nov 6, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Subban, 24, is in the final year of his current two-year contract with the Habs, worth a cap hit of $2.875 million per season. He currently sits with 15 points in 16 regular season games.
That puts him second among defenseman in scoring, only two points behind Erik Karlsson from the Ottawa Senators.
It’s a could bet that Subban, based on his numbers alone, could be in for a substantial raise this time around. Consider that Karlsson’s current contract – seven years – is worth $45.5 million and has an annual cap hit of $6.5 million.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 74
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)