Nov 6, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Subban, 24, is in the final year of his current two-year contract with the Habs, worth a cap hit of $2.875 million per season. He currently sits with 15 points in 16 regular season games.
That puts him second among defenseman in scoring, only two points behind Erik Karlsson from the Ottawa Senators.
It’s a could bet that Subban, based on his numbers alone, could be in for a substantial raise this time around. Consider that Karlsson’s current contract – seven years – is worth $45.5 million and has an annual cap hit of $6.5 million.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)