Nov 6, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
Subban, 24, is in the final year of his current two-year contract with the Habs, worth a cap hit of $2.875 million per season. He currently sits with 15 points in 16 regular season games.
That puts him second among defenseman in scoring, only two points behind Erik Karlsson from the Ottawa Senators.
It’s a could bet that Subban, based on his numbers alone, could be in for a substantial raise this time around. Consider that Karlsson’s current contract – seven years – is worth $45.5 million and has an annual cap hit of $6.5 million.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)