Nov 6, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Evander Kane is out of Wednesday night’s tilt against the Blackhawks with a lower-body ailment.
Kane, 22, saw his status flip-flop a few times leading up to the contest. He missed Monday’s 4-2 win over Detroit with the same issue, but was listed as day-to-day for the Blackhawks game and, at one point, was thought to be probable.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing Winnipeg’s third-leading scorer, but it’s serious enough to hold him out of a pretty big game at the United Center. The Jets were whipped 5-1 by Chicago on Saturday and are looking to move out of the Central Division basement.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)