Nov 6, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Evander Kane is out of Wednesday night’s tilt against the Blackhawks with a lower-body ailment.
Kane, 22, saw his status flip-flop a few times leading up to the contest. He missed Monday’s 4-2 win over Detroit with the same issue, but was listed as day-to-day for the Blackhawks game and, at one point, was thought to be probable.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing Winnipeg’s third-leading scorer, but it’s serious enough to hold him out of a pretty big game at the United Center. The Jets were whipped 5-1 by Chicago on Saturday and are looking to move out of the Central Division basement.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17