Nov 6, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Evander Kane is out of Wednesday night’s tilt against the Blackhawks with a lower-body ailment.
Kane, 22, saw his status flip-flop a few times leading up to the contest. He missed Monday’s 4-2 win over Detroit with the same issue, but was listed as day-to-day for the Blackhawks game and, at one point, was thought to be probable.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing Winnipeg’s third-leading scorer, but it’s serious enough to hold him out of a pretty big game at the United Center. The Jets were whipped 5-1 by Chicago on Saturday and are looking to move out of the Central Division basement.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63