Nov 6, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Evander Kane is out of Wednesday night’s tilt against the Blackhawks with a lower-body ailment.
Kane, 22, saw his status flip-flop a few times leading up to the contest. He missed Monday’s 4-2 win over Detroit with the same issue, but was listed as day-to-day for the Blackhawks game and, at one point, was thought to be probable.
It’s unclear exactly what’s ailing Winnipeg’s third-leading scorer, but it’s serious enough to hold him out of a pretty big game at the United Center. The Jets were whipped 5-1 by Chicago on Saturday and are looking to move out of the Central Division basement.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)