Nov 6, 2013, 11:45 PM EST
We’ve gone from lower-body and upper-body injuries to, well, mystery injuries.
Take the case of L.A. Kings defenseman Matt Greene, who did not take part in the team’s practice on Wednesday.
The nature of Greene’s current ailment is unknown. It’s perplexing for Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter, who tried to relay information to the curious minds.
“Matt Greene’s banged up. It’s like Mystery Valley for me. It goes from legs to limbs to head. I don’t know what you’d call it, if it’s maintenance,” said Sutter, as per LA Kings Insider.
Greene, 30, has two goals and three points in 15 games.
He played in L.A.’s last game, which was Saturday against the Nashville Predators. The Kings are back in action Thursday, when they host the Buffalo Sabres.
It remains unclear if Greene will be available for this game.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)