Nov 6, 2013, 11:45 PM EDT
We’ve gone from lower-body and upper-body injuries to, well, mystery injuries.
Take the case of L.A. Kings defenseman Matt Greene, who did not take part in the team’s practice on Wednesday.
The nature of Greene’s current ailment is unknown. It’s perplexing for Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter, who tried to relay information to the curious minds.
“Matt Greene’s banged up. It’s like Mystery Valley for me. It goes from legs to limbs to head. I don’t know what you’d call it, if it’s maintenance,” said Sutter, as per LA Kings Insider.
Greene, 30, has two goals and three points in 15 games.
He played in L.A.’s last game, which was Saturday against the Nashville Predators. The Kings are back in action Thursday, when they host the Buffalo Sabres.
It remains unclear if Greene will be available for this game.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)