Nov 6, 2013, 11:45 PM EDT
We’ve gone from lower-body and upper-body injuries to, well, mystery injuries.
Take the case of L.A. Kings defenseman Matt Greene, who did not take part in the team’s practice on Wednesday.
The nature of Greene’s current ailment is unknown. It’s perplexing for Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter, who tried to relay information to the curious minds.
“Matt Greene’s banged up. It’s like Mystery Valley for me. It goes from legs to limbs to head. I don’t know what you’d call it, if it’s maintenance,” said Sutter, as per LA Kings Insider.
Greene, 30, has two goals and three points in 15 games.
He played in L.A.’s last game, which was Saturday against the Nashville Predators. The Kings are back in action Thursday, when they host the Buffalo Sabres.
It remains unclear if Greene will be available for this game.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)