Nov 6, 2013, 11:45 PM EDT
We’ve gone from lower-body and upper-body injuries to, well, mystery injuries.
Take the case of L.A. Kings defenseman Matt Greene, who did not take part in the team’s practice on Wednesday.
The nature of Greene’s current ailment is unknown. It’s perplexing for Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter, who tried to relay information to the curious minds.
“Matt Greene’s banged up. It’s like Mystery Valley for me. It goes from legs to limbs to head. I don’t know what you’d call it, if it’s maintenance,” said Sutter, as per LA Kings Insider.
Greene, 30, has two goals and three points in 15 games.
He played in L.A.’s last game, which was Saturday against the Nashville Predators. The Kings are back in action Thursday, when they host the Buffalo Sabres.
It remains unclear if Greene will be available for this game.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 15
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 57
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 25
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (60)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)