Nov 6, 2013, 11:45 PM EST
We’ve gone from lower-body and upper-body injuries to, well, mystery injuries.
Take the case of L.A. Kings defenseman Matt Greene, who did not take part in the team’s practice on Wednesday.
The nature of Greene’s current ailment is unknown. It’s perplexing for Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter, who tried to relay information to the curious minds.
“Matt Greene’s banged up. It’s like Mystery Valley for me. It goes from legs to limbs to head. I don’t know what you’d call it, if it’s maintenance,” said Sutter, as per LA Kings Insider.
Greene, 30, has two goals and three points in 15 games.
He played in L.A.’s last game, which was Saturday against the Nashville Predators. The Kings are back in action Thursday, when they host the Buffalo Sabres.
It remains unclear if Greene will be available for this game.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)