Nov 6, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets needed some good news and on Wednesday, they got some.
Nathan Horton, the club’s prized $37 million free agent signing, skated today for the first time since undergoing major shoulder surgery this summer and, what’s more, his latest MRI revealed the shoulder is rehabbing well.
“The doctors here looked at it and it looks really good,” Horton told the Columbus Dispatch. “It looks like we’re on track still and that’s the good news that we wanted.
“I can’t read the thing, but you can see that it’s healing or healed and I think they got the news that they wanted.”
As a result, Horton has put a timetable on his Jackets debut at “a month, month-and-a-half.”
Columbus will be keen to get him back in the lineup. Losers of four straight, the club was called out by head coach Todd Richards following Tuesday’s 4-1 loss to Ottawa, with Richards saying the players “have to look in the mirror.”
The Jackets have just six goals scored over their last four games and could use the production of Horton, a six-time 20-goal scorer.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)