Nov 6, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Jets turn back to Montoya
Winnipeg has made an interesting decision for Wednesday night’s game against Chicago, putting backup Al Montoya in for the second straight game.
Montoya, who relieved struggling starter Ondrej Pavelec during Saturday’s 5-1 loss to the Blackhawks, looked solid on Monday in a 4-2 win over the Red Wings. Though he hasn’t played much this season — just four games — Montoya does have good numbers, boasting a 2-1-0 record with a 1.69 GAA and .939 save percentage.
For Chicago, Corey Crawford will get the start in goal.
Varlamov gets second start post-arrest
Semyon Varlamov will make his second start for Colorado following Thursday’s arrest on allegations of domestic violence. The 25-year-old Russian is 8-1-0 on the year with a .944 save percentage and 1.78 GAA, and won his first start after the alleged incident by stopping 27 of 29 shots in a 3-2 win over Dallas on Friday.
Varlamov and the Avs will take on Nashville tonight. The Preds are expected to start Carter Hutton in goal.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 19
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54