Nov 6, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Jets turn back to Montoya
Winnipeg has made an interesting decision for Wednesday night’s game against Chicago, putting backup Al Montoya in for the second straight game.
Montoya, who relieved struggling starter Ondrej Pavelec during Saturday’s 5-1 loss to the Blackhawks, looked solid on Monday in a 4-2 win over the Red Wings. Though he hasn’t played much this season — just four games — Montoya does have good numbers, boasting a 2-1-0 record with a 1.69 GAA and .939 save percentage.
For Chicago, Corey Crawford will get the start in goal.
Varlamov gets second start post-arrest
Semyon Varlamov will make his second start for Colorado following Thursday’s arrest on allegations of domestic violence. The 25-year-old Russian is 8-1-0 on the year with a .944 save percentage and 1.78 GAA, and won his first start after the alleged incident by stopping 27 of 29 shots in a 3-2 win over Dallas on Friday.
Varlamov and the Avs will take on Nashville tonight. The Preds are expected to start Carter Hutton in goal.
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 0
- Video: Shattenkirk injured, won’t return after collision with Ovechkin 1
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 1
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 2
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 23
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5