Nov 6, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Jets turn back to Montoya
Winnipeg has made an interesting decision for Wednesday night’s game against Chicago, putting backup Al Montoya in for the second straight game.
Montoya, who relieved struggling starter Ondrej Pavelec during Saturday’s 5-1 loss to the Blackhawks, looked solid on Monday in a 4-2 win over the Red Wings. Though he hasn’t played much this season — just four games — Montoya does have good numbers, boasting a 2-1-0 record with a 1.69 GAA and .939 save percentage.
For Chicago, Corey Crawford will get the start in goal.
Varlamov gets second start post-arrest
Semyon Varlamov will make his second start for Colorado following Thursday’s arrest on allegations of domestic violence. The 25-year-old Russian is 8-1-0 on the year with a .944 save percentage and 1.78 GAA, and won his first start after the alleged incident by stopping 27 of 29 shots in a 3-2 win over Dallas on Friday.
Varlamov and the Avs will take on Nashville tonight. The Preds are expected to start Carter Hutton in goal.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)