Nov 6, 2013, 6:04 PM EST
Detroit winger Johan Franzen hasn’t played since Friday; he won’t play tomorrow at home to Dallas; and it’s not clear when he’ll be back in the Red Wings’ lineup.
“I don’t know what the schedule is on Mule, I just know he’s not feeling good,” Detroit head coach Mike Babcock said, per MLive.com.
Franzen reportedly skated for half an hour today. He apparently has an upper-body injury, though no specifics have been provided.
The big 33-year-old has just two goals in 13 games, his offensive struggles (when he’s been able to play) being part of the reason the Wings rank a disappointing 19th in goals per game (2.50). Offseason free-agent acquisition Stephen Weiss, with just two goals in 16 games, is another part of that reason.
Related: Detroit waives Tootoo
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 10
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4