Nov 6, 2013, 6:04 PM EDT
Detroit winger Johan Franzen hasn’t played since Friday; he won’t play tomorrow at home to Dallas; and it’s not clear when he’ll be back in the Red Wings’ lineup.
“I don’t know what the schedule is on Mule, I just know he’s not feeling good,” Detroit head coach Mike Babcock said, per MLive.com.
Franzen reportedly skated for half an hour today. He apparently has an upper-body injury, though no specifics have been provided.
The big 33-year-old has just two goals in 13 games, his offensive struggles (when he’s been able to play) being part of the reason the Wings rank a disappointing 19th in goals per game (2.50). Offseason free-agent acquisition Stephen Weiss, with just two goals in 16 games, is another part of that reason.
Related: Detroit waives Tootoo
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 0
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 18
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 7
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)