Nov 6, 2013, 6:04 PM EDT
Detroit winger Johan Franzen hasn’t played since Friday; he won’t play tomorrow at home to Dallas; and it’s not clear when he’ll be back in the Red Wings’ lineup.
“I don’t know what the schedule is on Mule, I just know he’s not feeling good,” Detroit head coach Mike Babcock said, per MLive.com.
Franzen reportedly skated for half an hour today. He apparently has an upper-body injury, though no specifics have been provided.
The big 33-year-old has just two goals in 13 games, his offensive struggles (when he’s been able to play) being part of the reason the Wings rank a disappointing 19th in goals per game (2.50). Offseason free-agent acquisition Stephen Weiss, with just two goals in 16 games, is another part of that reason.
Related: Detroit waives Tootoo
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 12
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 10
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38