Nov 6, 2013, 6:04 PM EDT
Detroit winger Johan Franzen hasn’t played since Friday; he won’t play tomorrow at home to Dallas; and it’s not clear when he’ll be back in the Red Wings’ lineup.
“I don’t know what the schedule is on Mule, I just know he’s not feeling good,” Detroit head coach Mike Babcock said, per MLive.com.
Franzen reportedly skated for half an hour today. He apparently has an upper-body injury, though no specifics have been provided.
The big 33-year-old has just two goals in 13 games, his offensive struggles (when he’s been able to play) being part of the reason the Wings rank a disappointing 19th in goals per game (2.50). Offseason free-agent acquisition Stephen Weiss, with just two goals in 16 games, is another part of that reason.
Related: Detroit waives Tootoo
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)