Nov 6, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
Add the Phoenix Coyotes to what seems like a bursting list of Western Conference teams who are on a roll.
The Yotes’ stretched their winning streak to five games on Tuesday by slipping past the Vancouver Canucks 3-2 via a shootout. It’s the third time in a row Phoenix won thanks to its recent prowess in the skills competition.
The Coyotes certainly aren’t alone in being on a roll. The Anaheim Ducks sit atop the standings despite a grueling road trip, having won their last two. The Colorado Avalanche have won six in a row. Even the defeated Canucks were playing well recently, as they rolled up a four-game winning streak before losing two of their last three.
The one bit of bad news is that the Coyotes saw Derek Morris leave the game and not return with a lower-body injury, Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan reports. The Coyotes have been generating plenty of offense from the blueline, so that’s a cause of at least minor concern.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)