Nov 6, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
Add the Phoenix Coyotes to what seems like a bursting list of Western Conference teams who are on a roll.
The Yotes’ stretched their winning streak to five games on Tuesday by slipping past the Vancouver Canucks 3-2 via a shootout. It’s the third time in a row Phoenix won thanks to its recent prowess in the skills competition.
The Coyotes certainly aren’t alone in being on a roll. The Anaheim Ducks sit atop the standings despite a grueling road trip, having won their last two. The Colorado Avalanche have won six in a row. Even the defeated Canucks were playing well recently, as they rolled up a four-game winning streak before losing two of their last three.
The one bit of bad news is that the Coyotes saw Derek Morris leave the game and not return with a lower-body injury, Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan reports. The Coyotes have been generating plenty of offense from the blueline, so that’s a cause of at least minor concern.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)