Nov 6, 2013, 12:24 AM EST
Add the Phoenix Coyotes to what seems like a bursting list of Western Conference teams who are on a roll.
The Yotes’ stretched their winning streak to five games on Tuesday by slipping past the Vancouver Canucks 3-2 via a shootout. It’s the third time in a row Phoenix won thanks to its recent prowess in the skills competition.
The Coyotes certainly aren’t alone in being on a roll. The Anaheim Ducks sit atop the standings despite a grueling road trip, having won their last two. The Colorado Avalanche have won six in a row. Even the defeated Canucks were playing well recently, as they rolled up a four-game winning streak before losing two of their last three.
The one bit of bad news is that the Coyotes saw Derek Morris leave the game and not return with a lower-body injury, Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan reports. The Coyotes have been generating plenty of offense from the blueline, so that’s a cause of at least minor concern.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 29
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)