Nov 6, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Two former Bruins scored in the shootout last night to beat their old team. But for Boston coach Claude Julien, what Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley did for the Dallas Stars, and the narrative the media was trying to sell afterward, wasn’t something he wanted to talk about.
“I don’t care about that. Give it a break,” Julien said, per The Boston Globe. “And I’m mad because we lost. Next.”
You can understand his frustration. For the Bruins (8-5-1), the shootout loss marked the fourth time in five outings that the defending Eastern Conference champs failed to get two points.
“It came down to a shootout because we played at the level of the other team,” Julien said. “Not to take anything away from them, but I like to think we’re a better team than we showed tonight. First 10 minutes were good, and then we got back to some of our old habits and eventually when you play that way you find ways to lose hockey games; and that’s what we’re doing right now, we’re finding ways to lose.”
The B’s will look for a way to win Thursday at home to Florida, one of the NHL’s worst teams. On Saturday, they host Toronto in their first meeting with the Maple Leafs since the playoffs. And we all remember what happened then.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)