Nov 6, 2013, 11:02 AM EST
Two former Bruins scored in the shootout last night to beat their old team. But for Boston coach Claude Julien, what Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley did for the Dallas Stars, and the narrative the media was trying to sell afterward, wasn’t something he wanted to talk about.
“I don’t care about that. Give it a break,” Julien said, per The Boston Globe. “And I’m mad because we lost. Next.”
You can understand his frustration. For the Bruins (8-5-1), the shootout loss marked the fourth time in five outings that the defending Eastern Conference champs failed to get two points.
“It came down to a shootout because we played at the level of the other team,” Julien said. “Not to take anything away from them, but I like to think we’re a better team than we showed tonight. First 10 minutes were good, and then we got back to some of our old habits and eventually when you play that way you find ways to lose hockey games; and that’s what we’re doing right now, we’re finding ways to lose.”
The B’s will look for a way to win Thursday at home to Florida, one of the NHL’s worst teams. On Saturday, they host Toronto in their first meeting with the Maple Leafs since the playoffs. And we all remember what happened then.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)