Nov 6, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Two former Bruins scored in the shootout last night to beat their old team. But for Boston coach Claude Julien, what Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley did for the Dallas Stars, and the narrative the media was trying to sell afterward, wasn’t something he wanted to talk about.
“I don’t care about that. Give it a break,” Julien said, per The Boston Globe. “And I’m mad because we lost. Next.”
You can understand his frustration. For the Bruins (8-5-1), the shootout loss marked the fourth time in five outings that the defending Eastern Conference champs failed to get two points.
“It came down to a shootout because we played at the level of the other team,” Julien said. “Not to take anything away from them, but I like to think we’re a better team than we showed tonight. First 10 minutes were good, and then we got back to some of our old habits and eventually when you play that way you find ways to lose hockey games; and that’s what we’re doing right now, we’re finding ways to lose.”
The B’s will look for a way to win Thursday at home to Florida, one of the NHL’s worst teams. On Saturday, they host Toronto in their first meeting with the Maple Leafs since the playoffs. And we all remember what happened then.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)