Nov 6, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Two former Bruins scored in the shootout last night to beat their old team. But for Boston coach Claude Julien, what Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley did for the Dallas Stars, and the narrative the media was trying to sell afterward, wasn’t something he wanted to talk about.
“I don’t care about that. Give it a break,” Julien said, per The Boston Globe. “And I’m mad because we lost. Next.”
You can understand his frustration. For the Bruins (8-5-1), the shootout loss marked the fourth time in five outings that the defending Eastern Conference champs failed to get two points.
“It came down to a shootout because we played at the level of the other team,” Julien said. “Not to take anything away from them, but I like to think we’re a better team than we showed tonight. First 10 minutes were good, and then we got back to some of our old habits and eventually when you play that way you find ways to lose hockey games; and that’s what we’re doing right now, we’re finding ways to lose.”
The B’s will look for a way to win Thursday at home to Florida, one of the NHL’s worst teams. On Saturday, they host Toronto in their first meeting with the Maple Leafs since the playoffs. And we all remember what happened then.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 4
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)