Nov 6, 2013, 11:02 AM EST
Two former Bruins scored in the shootout last night to beat their old team. But for Boston coach Claude Julien, what Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley did for the Dallas Stars, and the narrative the media was trying to sell afterward, wasn’t something he wanted to talk about.
“I don’t care about that. Give it a break,” Julien said, per The Boston Globe. “And I’m mad because we lost. Next.”
You can understand his frustration. For the Bruins (8-5-1), the shootout loss marked the fourth time in five outings that the defending Eastern Conference champs failed to get two points.
“It came down to a shootout because we played at the level of the other team,” Julien said. “Not to take anything away from them, but I like to think we’re a better team than we showed tonight. First 10 minutes were good, and then we got back to some of our old habits and eventually when you play that way you find ways to lose hockey games; and that’s what we’re doing right now, we’re finding ways to lose.”
The B’s will look for a way to win Thursday at home to Florida, one of the NHL’s worst teams. On Saturday, they host Toronto in their first meeting with the Maple Leafs since the playoffs. And we all remember what happened then.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 15
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)