Nov 5, 2013, 5:08 PM EST
In the latest edition of PHT Extra, Jason and I talked with Kay Adams about the Philadelphia Flyers — specifically, the notion that Ray Emery‘s altercation with Caps goalie Braden Holtby on Friday could be a turning point in the Flyers’ season.
The Flyers are saying it can be — “we definitely fed off it,” explained Scott Hartnell — and proved that, at least in the short term, the now-infamous fight helped build momentum, as Philly went out the following night and shut out the Devils.
From there, discussions turned to the Rangers. Are the Blueshirts ready to turn things around after a tough start to the year? They’ve won three of four, but face a stiff challenge on Wednesday against Pittsburgh, who sit atop the Eastern Conference with an 11-4-0 record.
All that and more, in PHT Extra…
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)