Nov 5, 2013, 5:08 PM EST
In the latest edition of PHT Extra, Jason and I talked with Kay Adams about the Philadelphia Flyers — specifically, the notion that Ray Emery‘s altercation with Caps goalie Braden Holtby on Friday could be a turning point in the Flyers’ season.
The Flyers are saying it can be — “we definitely fed off it,” explained Scott Hartnell — and proved that, at least in the short term, the now-infamous fight helped build momentum, as Philly went out the following night and shut out the Devils.
From there, discussions turned to the Rangers. Are the Blueshirts ready to turn things around after a tough start to the year? They’ve won three of four, but face a stiff challenge on Wednesday against Pittsburgh, who sit atop the Eastern Conference with an 11-4-0 record.
All that and more, in PHT Extra…
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)