Nov 5, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
In the latest edition of PHT Extra, Jason and I talked with Kay Adams about the Philadelphia Flyers — specifically, the notion that Ray Emery‘s altercation with Caps goalie Braden Holtby on Friday could be a turning point in the Flyers’ season.
The Flyers are saying it can be — “we definitely fed off it,” explained Scott Hartnell — and proved that, at least in the short term, the now-infamous fight helped build momentum, as Philly went out the following night and shut out the Devils.
From there, discussions turned to the Rangers. Are the Blueshirts ready to turn things around after a tough start to the year? They’ve won three of four, but face a stiff challenge on Wednesday against Pittsburgh, who sit atop the Eastern Conference with an 11-4-0 record.
All that and more, in PHT Extra…
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 2
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 8
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 18
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 30
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 85
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 99
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)