Nov 5, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
In the latest edition of PHT Extra, Jason and I talked with Kay Adams about the Philadelphia Flyers — specifically, the notion that Ray Emery‘s altercation with Caps goalie Braden Holtby on Friday could be a turning point in the Flyers’ season.
The Flyers are saying it can be — “we definitely fed off it,” explained Scott Hartnell — and proved that, at least in the short term, the now-infamous fight helped build momentum, as Philly went out the following night and shut out the Devils.
From there, discussions turned to the Rangers. Are the Blueshirts ready to turn things around after a tough start to the year? They’ve won three of four, but face a stiff challenge on Wednesday against Pittsburgh, who sit atop the Eastern Conference with an 11-4-0 record.
All that and more, in PHT Extra…
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)