Nov 5, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
In the latest edition of PHT Extra, Jason and I talked with Kay Adams about the Philadelphia Flyers — specifically, the notion that Ray Emery‘s altercation with Caps goalie Braden Holtby on Friday could be a turning point in the Flyers’ season.
The Flyers are saying it can be — “we definitely fed off it,” explained Scott Hartnell — and proved that, at least in the short term, the now-infamous fight helped build momentum, as Philly went out the following night and shut out the Devils.
From there, discussions turned to the Rangers. Are the Blueshirts ready to turn things around after a tough start to the year? They’ve won three of four, but face a stiff challenge on Wednesday against Pittsburgh, who sit atop the Eastern Conference with an 11-4-0 record.
All that and more, in PHT Extra…
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22