Nov 5, 2013, 11:07 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes made a potential steal by getting faceoff-winning machine Manny Malhotra off the free agent scrap heap, but they probably didn’t expect him to score goals like he did on Tuesday.
Malhotra made a great play to stun the Philadelphia Flyers with a 2-1 breakaway goal in OT:
That’s the first goal Malhotra, 33, has scored since March 26, 2012.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 0
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6