Nov 5, 2013, 11:07 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes made a potential steal by getting faceoff-winning machine Manny Malhotra off the free agent scrap heap, but they probably didn’t expect him to score goals like he did on Tuesday.
Malhotra made a great play to stun the Philadelphia Flyers with a 2-1 breakaway goal in OT:
That’s the first goal Malhotra, 33, has scored since March 26, 2012.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18