Nov 5, 2013, 11:07 PM EST
The Carolina Hurricanes made a potential steal by getting faceoff-winning machine Manny Malhotra off the free agent scrap heap, but they probably didn’t expect him to score goals like he did on Tuesday.
Malhotra made a great play to stun the Philadelphia Flyers with a 2-1 breakaway goal in OT:
That’s the first goal Malhotra, 33, has scored since March 26, 2012.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46