Nov 5, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
In an interview with Russian news outlet R-Sport, Tyutin defended his friend and Russian national teammate with some pointed criticisms of the American legal system and the alleged victim of Varlamov’s attack, Evgeniya Vavrinyuk.
Here’s the translation of what Tyutin said to R-Sport, as per Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov:
“I personally know Semyon very well. He is quite a true, considerate guy. As soon as I heard it all, I realized that it is all blown [out of proportion].
“It’s just American laws are on the women’s side, that’s why they can go to the police for any little thing, complain and bring a lot of problems to men.
“That’s why the only mistake of Semyon is that he got together with this girl.”
Vavrinyuk, 24, said in an interview that Varlamov drunkenly kicked her during a fight, which she claimed to be the fifth time he’d beaten her. The Avs goalie was released from jail on $5,000 bond and allowed to travel with the team — one night following his arrest, Varlamov was in goal for a 3-2 win over the Stars in Dallas.
- Devils re-sign Greene to long-term pact 0
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 35
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)