Nov 5, 2013, 11:05 AM EST
In an interview with Russian news outlet R-Sport, Tyutin defended his friend and Russian national teammate with some pointed criticisms of the American legal system and the alleged victim of Varlamov’s attack, Evgeniya Vavrinyuk.
Here’s the translation of what Tyutin said to R-Sport, as per Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov:
“I personally know Semyon very well. He is quite a true, considerate guy. As soon as I heard it all, I realized that it is all blown [out of proportion].
“It’s just American laws are on the women’s side, that’s why they can go to the police for any little thing, complain and bring a lot of problems to men.
“That’s why the only mistake of Semyon is that he got together with this girl.”
Vavrinyuk, 24, said in an interview that Varlamov drunkenly kicked her during a fight, which she claimed to be the fifth time he’d beaten her. The Avs goalie was released from jail on $5,000 bond and allowed to travel with the team — one night following his arrest, Varlamov was in goal for a 3-2 win over the Stars in Dallas.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11