Nov 5, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
The New York Rangers have had a lot of trouble scoring goals this season. They also don’t have Marian Gaborik anymore. And Rick Nash‘s concussion issues have to be a concern going forward. So in theory, their pursuit of Edmonton youngster Nail Yakupov, the first overall pick in the 2012 NHL draft, makes sense.
Not that they’re definitely doing that; we’re simply referring to a story by Larry Brooks in the New York Post:
The Oilers dispatched a scouting expedition featuring their president of hockey operations Kevin Lowe, general manager Craig MacTavish and special adviser Mark Messier to the Garden on Monday for the Rangers’ 2-1 defeat to the Ducks.
Edmonton, which has opened 3-10-2 under first-year coach Dallas Eakins, is believed to be accepting offers for veteran winger Ales Hemsky while also exploring the market for second-year winger Nail Yakupov, the first overall selection in the 2012 Entry Draft.
MacTavish is reportedly working hard to add a defenseman, and certainly the Rangers have a few of those. Would Sather be willing to part with, say, 23-year-old Michael Del Zotto? Just asking the question. Don’t know the answer.
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs Day at PHT 0
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 19
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 40
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 35
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (40)