Nov 5, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
After getting some dental work done and skating – including in practice on Tuesday – it sounds like Teemu Selanne might return to action sooner than expected. He told the Los Angeles Times that he’s good to go against the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday.
“I’m ready,” Selanne said. “I skated today, and I’ve been skating a couple days already.”
The 43-year-old will be re-evaluated during Wednesday’s skate, so there’s a chance that optimism might dampen a bit.
Still, it sounds like he (partially) dodged a bullet.
“I was lucky in many ways, it could’ve been way, way worse,” Selanne said. “The mouthguard saved me. It was just a half hour to put the new ones in.”
That’s good news even if he’s out a little bit longer, and a nice lesson for players who dangle their mouthpieces out of their mouths during play.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)