Nov 5, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
After getting some dental work done and skating – including in practice on Tuesday – it sounds like Teemu Selanne might return to action sooner than expected. He told the Los Angeles Times that he’s good to go against the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday.
“I’m ready,” Selanne said. “I skated today, and I’ve been skating a couple days already.”
The 43-year-old will be re-evaluated during Wednesday’s skate, so there’s a chance that optimism might dampen a bit.
Still, it sounds like he (partially) dodged a bullet.
“I was lucky in many ways, it could’ve been way, way worse,” Selanne said. “The mouthguard saved me. It was just a half hour to put the new ones in.”
That’s good news even if he’s out a little bit longer, and a nice lesson for players who dangle their mouthpieces out of their mouths during play.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)