Nov 5, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
While rumors swirl about the New York Rangers plucking a forward – say, maybe Nail Yakupov or Ales Hemsky? – from the Edmonton Oilers, those rumblings might not just be due to the team’s struggles. Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston reports that Rick Nash‘s lingering concussion issues are causing “growing concern” around the league.
Nash, 29, hasn’t played since this Oct. 8 hit by San Jose Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart, which prompted a three-game suspension from the NHL:
The Rangers placed Nash on the injured reserve on Oct. 14, noting that he was still experiencing post-concussion symptoms.
Nash apparently met with Rangers specialists but “no progress” was reported. Not good.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)