Nov 5, 2013, 9:11 PM EST
While rumors swirl about the New York Rangers plucking a forward – say, maybe Nail Yakupov or Ales Hemsky? – from the Edmonton Oilers, those rumblings might not just be due to the team’s struggles. Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston reports that Rick Nash‘s lingering concussion issues are causing “growing concern” around the league.
Nash, 29, hasn’t played since this Oct. 8 hit by San Jose Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart, which prompted a three-game suspension from the NHL:
The Rangers placed Nash on the injured reserve on Oct. 14, noting that he was still experiencing post-concussion symptoms.
Nash apparently met with Rangers specialists but “no progress” was reported. Not good.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)