Nov 5, 2013, 9:11 PM EST
While rumors swirl about the New York Rangers plucking a forward – say, maybe Nail Yakupov or Ales Hemsky? – from the Edmonton Oilers, those rumblings might not just be due to the team’s struggles. Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston reports that Rick Nash‘s lingering concussion issues are causing “growing concern” around the league.
Nash, 29, hasn’t played since this Oct. 8 hit by San Jose Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart, which prompted a three-game suspension from the NHL:
The Rangers placed Nash on the injured reserve on Oct. 14, noting that he was still experiencing post-concussion symptoms.
Nash apparently met with Rangers specialists but “no progress” was reported. Not good.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 9
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 32
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 25
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)