Nov 5, 2013, 9:11 PM EST
While rumors swirl about the New York Rangers plucking a forward – say, maybe Nail Yakupov or Ales Hemsky? – from the Edmonton Oilers, those rumblings might not just be due to the team’s struggles. Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston reports that Rick Nash‘s lingering concussion issues are causing “growing concern” around the league.
Nash, 29, hasn’t played since this Oct. 8 hit by San Jose Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart, which prompted a three-game suspension from the NHL:
The Rangers placed Nash on the injured reserve on Oct. 14, noting that he was still experiencing post-concussion symptoms.
Nash apparently met with Rangers specialists but “no progress” was reported. Not good.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)