Nov 5, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
While rumors swirl about the New York Rangers plucking a forward – say, maybe Nail Yakupov or Ales Hemsky? – from the Edmonton Oilers, those rumblings might not just be due to the team’s struggles. Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston reports that Rick Nash‘s lingering concussion issues are causing “growing concern” around the league.
Nash, 29, hasn’t played since this Oct. 8 hit by San Jose Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart, which prompted a three-game suspension from the NHL:
The Rangers placed Nash on the injured reserve on Oct. 14, noting that he was still experiencing post-concussion symptoms.
Nash apparently met with Rangers specialists but “no progress” was reported. Not good.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)