Nov 5, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mason reclaims net
Steve Mason will be back in goal for Philadelphia tonight against Carolina. The 25-year-old watched as Ray Emery posted a 1-0 shutout win over New Jersey on Saturday, and is looking to bounce back from Friday’s awful outing against Washington, in which he allowed three goals on 17 shots before getting yanked.
Berra goes for Flames
Reto Berra was so good in his first-ever NHL start, he’s getting another.
The Swiss netminder will be in goal vs. Minnesota on Tuesday, just two days after stopping 42 of 44 shots against Chicago on Sunday in a 3-2 OT win. It’ll be interesting to see how he fares against a Wild team that’s won five of six and will have a red-hot goalie of its own in net tonight with Josh Harding, who is 7-2-1 with a 1.10 GAA and .950 save percentage.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 0
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5