Nov 5, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mason reclaims net
Steve Mason will be back in goal for Philadelphia tonight against Carolina. The 25-year-old watched as Ray Emery posted a 1-0 shutout win over New Jersey on Saturday, and is looking to bounce back from Friday’s awful outing against Washington, in which he allowed three goals on 17 shots before getting yanked.
Berra goes for Flames
Reto Berra was so good in his first-ever NHL start, he’s getting another.
The Swiss netminder will be in goal vs. Minnesota on Tuesday, just two days after stopping 42 of 44 shots against Chicago on Sunday in a 3-2 OT win. It’ll be interesting to see how he fares against a Wild team that’s won five of six and will have a red-hot goalie of its own in net tonight with Josh Harding, who is 7-2-1 with a 1.10 GAA and .950 save percentage.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)