Nov 5, 2013, 12:49 PM EDT
Coming off a dominant 4-0 victory over Toronto Saturday, the Vancouver Canucks will look to continue their dominance in the Arizona desert tonight versus the streaking Coyotes.
You have to go all the way back to March 21, 2009, for the last regulation loss Vancouver suffered at Jobing.com Arena. The first star of that game was Ilya Bryzgalov. Yes, a few things have happened since then.
These aren’t the same old Coyotes though. Long known for an inability to score, Phoenix (10-3-2) currently ranks fourth in goals per game (3.27) while boasting three of the highest-scoring defensemen in the NHL: Oliver Ekman-Larsson (3G, 8A), Keith Yandle (1G, 10A), and Derek Morris (4G, 6A).
The Coyotes have also won four straight, including a 3-2 shootout victory Saturday in San Jose.
But while tonight is technically a home game for Phoenix, expect to hear plenty of support for the visitors. The Canucks always have their share of vacationing fans in the stands when they play in Glendale.
Oh, and also, the last time these two teams played in Arizona, this happened:
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)