Nov 5, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
Coming off a dominant 4-0 victory over Toronto Saturday, the Vancouver Canucks will look to continue their dominance in the Arizona desert tonight versus the streaking Coyotes.
You have to go all the way back to March 21, 2009, for the last regulation loss Vancouver suffered at Jobing.com Arena. The first star of that game was Ilya Bryzgalov. Yes, a few things have happened since then.
These aren’t the same old Coyotes though. Long known for an inability to score, Phoenix (10-3-2) currently ranks fourth in goals per game (3.27) while boasting three of the highest-scoring defensemen in the NHL: Oliver Ekman-Larsson (3G, 8A), Keith Yandle (1G, 10A), and Derek Morris (4G, 6A).
The Coyotes have also won four straight, including a 3-2 shootout victory Saturday in San Jose.
But while tonight is technically a home game for Phoenix, expect to hear plenty of support for the visitors. The Canucks always have their share of vacationing fans in the stands when they play in Glendale.
Oh, and also, the last time these two teams played in Arizona, this happened:
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)