Nov 5, 2013, 12:49 PM EDT
Coming off a dominant 4-0 victory over Toronto Saturday, the Vancouver Canucks will look to continue their dominance in the Arizona desert tonight versus the streaking Coyotes.
You have to go all the way back to March 21, 2009, for the last regulation loss Vancouver suffered at Jobing.com Arena. The first star of that game was Ilya Bryzgalov. Yes, a few things have happened since then.
These aren’t the same old Coyotes though. Long known for an inability to score, Phoenix (10-3-2) currently ranks fourth in goals per game (3.27) while boasting three of the highest-scoring defensemen in the NHL: Oliver Ekman-Larsson (3G, 8A), Keith Yandle (1G, 10A), and Derek Morris (4G, 6A).
The Coyotes have also won four straight, including a 3-2 shootout victory Saturday in San Jose.
But while tonight is technically a home game for Phoenix, expect to hear plenty of support for the visitors. The Canucks always have their share of vacationing fans in the stands when they play in Glendale.
Oh, and also, the last time these two teams played in Arizona, this happened:
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)