Nov 5, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
Coming off a dominant 4-0 victory over Toronto Saturday, the Vancouver Canucks will look to continue their dominance in the Arizona desert tonight versus the streaking Coyotes.
You have to go all the way back to March 21, 2009, for the last regulation loss Vancouver suffered at Jobing.com Arena. The first star of that game was Ilya Bryzgalov. Yes, a few things have happened since then.
These aren’t the same old Coyotes though. Long known for an inability to score, Phoenix (10-3-2) currently ranks fourth in goals per game (3.27) while boasting three of the highest-scoring defensemen in the NHL: Oliver Ekman-Larsson (3G, 8A), Keith Yandle (1G, 10A), and Derek Morris (4G, 6A).
The Coyotes have also won four straight, including a 3-2 shootout victory Saturday in San Jose.
But while tonight is technically a home game for Phoenix, expect to hear plenty of support for the visitors. The Canucks always have their share of vacationing fans in the stands when they play in Glendale.
Oh, and also, the last time these two teams played in Arizona, this happened:
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2