Nov 5, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Loui Eriksson will get a chance to play his former team on Tuesday night.
The Bruins winger — who came to Boston from Dallas in a blockbuster summer deal — has passed his concussion tests and will play for the first time in five games tonight when the B’s host the Stars at TD Garden.
“Loui will definitely be in,” head coach Claude Julien said on Tuesday morning.
Eriksson, who spent the first seven years of his career in Dallas, has been out of the lineup after getting hit high by Buffalo’s John Scott on Oct. 23. The Swedish winger has been shelved since, but has been skating for the past five days and clearly wanted to get back in against his ex-team.
“The testing all came out pretty good,” Eriksson told CSNNE.com on Monday. “I don’t think I’ll be thinking much about it if I play tonight. Obviously I’m going to do the things I’m good at, and not think about the last game I played.
“I’m just happy that I’m feeling good now, and that I had a good recovery.”
In other lineup news, it appears Johnny Boychuk will also make his return to the B’s on Tuesday. The defenseman was hurt in last Thursday’s 3-2 shootout win over Anaheim and missed Saturday’s loss on Long Island.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 0
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 20
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 11
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)