Nov 5, 2013, 11:57 AM EST
Loui Eriksson will get a chance to play his former team on Tuesday night.
The Bruins winger — who came to Boston from Dallas in a blockbuster summer deal — has passed his concussion tests and will play for the first time in five games tonight when the B’s host the Stars at TD Garden.
“Loui will definitely be in,” head coach Claude Julien said on Tuesday morning.
Eriksson, who spent the first seven years of his career in Dallas, has been out of the lineup after getting hit high by Buffalo’s John Scott on Oct. 23. The Swedish winger has been shelved since, but has been skating for the past five days and clearly wanted to get back in against his ex-team.
“The testing all came out pretty good,” Eriksson told CSNNE.com on Monday. “I don’t think I’ll be thinking much about it if I play tonight. Obviously I’m going to do the things I’m good at, and not think about the last game I played.
“I’m just happy that I’m feeling good now, and that I had a good recovery.”
In other lineup news, it appears Johnny Boychuk will also make his return to the B’s on Tuesday. The defenseman was hurt in last Thursday’s 3-2 shootout win over Anaheim and missed Saturday’s loss on Long Island.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 9
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)