Nov 5, 2013, 11:57 AM EST
Loui Eriksson will get a chance to play his former team on Tuesday night.
The Bruins winger — who came to Boston from Dallas in a blockbuster summer deal — has passed his concussion tests and will play for the first time in five games tonight when the B’s host the Stars at TD Garden.
“Loui will definitely be in,” head coach Claude Julien said on Tuesday morning.
Eriksson, who spent the first seven years of his career in Dallas, has been out of the lineup after getting hit high by Buffalo’s John Scott on Oct. 23. The Swedish winger has been shelved since, but has been skating for the past five days and clearly wanted to get back in against his ex-team.
“The testing all came out pretty good,” Eriksson told CSNNE.com on Monday. “I don’t think I’ll be thinking much about it if I play tonight. Obviously I’m going to do the things I’m good at, and not think about the last game I played.
“I’m just happy that I’m feeling good now, and that I had a good recovery.”
In other lineup news, it appears Johnny Boychuk will also make his return to the B’s on Tuesday. The defenseman was hurt in last Thursday’s 3-2 shootout win over Anaheim and missed Saturday’s loss on Long Island.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)