Nov 5, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
In case you’re wondering, Boston Bruins fans decided to boo Tyler Seguin every time he touched the puck (at least so far?) on Tuesday, as his new team visited Beantown.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty fills in the details:
Tyler Seguin getting booed every time he touches puck. Full on Kessel treatment here in Boston. Its a little surprising to me #BruinsTalk
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) November 6, 2013
Interesting. One can only imagine it has something to do with the 21-year-old’s alleged off-ice activities, although you never know with hockey fans (What, exactly, did Phil Kessel do besides being too expensive for Boston at the time?).
We’ll see if Seguin gets the last laugh tonight.
Intriguing side note: the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika notes that the Bruins played a quick video of Seguin highlights, so at least they aren’t giving him the cold shoulder.
Bruins just played a quick video of Seguin highlights. Fans are confused. So too, it looks like is Seguin. Still kinda fun.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) November 6, 2013
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 0
- Video: Shattenkirk injured, won’t return after collision with Ovechkin 1
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 1
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 2
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 23
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5