Nov 5, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
In case you’re wondering, Boston Bruins fans decided to boo Tyler Seguin every time he touched the puck (at least so far?) on Tuesday, as his new team visited Beantown.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty fills in the details:
Tyler Seguin getting booed every time he touches puck. Full on Kessel treatment here in Boston. Its a little surprising to me #BruinsTalk
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) November 6, 2013
Interesting. One can only imagine it has something to do with the 21-year-old’s alleged off-ice activities, although you never know with hockey fans (What, exactly, did Phil Kessel do besides being too expensive for Boston at the time?).
We’ll see if Seguin gets the last laugh tonight.
Intriguing side note: the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika notes that the Bruins played a quick video of Seguin highlights, so at least they aren’t giving him the cold shoulder.
Bruins just played a quick video of Seguin highlights. Fans are confused. So too, it looks like is Seguin. Still kinda fun.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) November 6, 2013
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)