Nov 5, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
In case you’re wondering, Boston Bruins fans decided to boo Tyler Seguin every time he touched the puck (at least so far?) on Tuesday, as his new team visited Beantown.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty fills in the details:
Tyler Seguin getting booed every time he touches puck. Full on Kessel treatment here in Boston. Its a little surprising to me #BruinsTalk
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) November 6, 2013
Interesting. One can only imagine it has something to do with the 21-year-old’s alleged off-ice activities, although you never know with hockey fans (What, exactly, did Phil Kessel do besides being too expensive for Boston at the time?).
We’ll see if Seguin gets the last laugh tonight.
Intriguing side note: the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika notes that the Bruins played a quick video of Seguin highlights, so at least they aren’t giving him the cold shoulder.
Bruins just played a quick video of Seguin highlights. Fans are confused. So too, it looks like is Seguin. Still kinda fun.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) November 6, 2013
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11