Nov 5, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
In case you’re wondering, Boston Bruins fans decided to boo Tyler Seguin every time he touched the puck (at least so far?) on Tuesday, as his new team visited Beantown.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty fills in the details:
Tyler Seguin getting booed every time he touches puck. Full on Kessel treatment here in Boston. Its a little surprising to me #BruinsTalk
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) November 6, 2013
Interesting. One can only imagine it has something to do with the 21-year-old’s alleged off-ice activities, although you never know with hockey fans (What, exactly, did Phil Kessel do besides being too expensive for Boston at the time?).
We’ll see if Seguin gets the last laugh tonight.
Intriguing side note: the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika notes that the Bruins played a quick video of Seguin highlights, so at least they aren’t giving him the cold shoulder.
Bruins just played a quick video of Seguin highlights. Fans are confused. So too, it looks like is Seguin. Still kinda fun.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) November 6, 2013
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5