Nov 5, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
In case you’re wondering, Boston Bruins fans decided to boo Tyler Seguin every time he touched the puck (at least so far?) on Tuesday, as his new team visited Beantown.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty fills in the details:
Tyler Seguin getting booed every time he touches puck. Full on Kessel treatment here in Boston. Its a little surprising to me #BruinsTalk
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) November 6, 2013
Interesting. One can only imagine it has something to do with the 21-year-old’s alleged off-ice activities, although you never know with hockey fans (What, exactly, did Phil Kessel do besides being too expensive for Boston at the time?).
We’ll see if Seguin gets the last laugh tonight.
Intriguing side note: the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika notes that the Bruins played a quick video of Seguin highlights, so at least they aren’t giving him the cold shoulder.
Bruins just played a quick video of Seguin highlights. Fans are confused. So too, it looks like is Seguin. Still kinda fun.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) November 6, 2013
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)