Nov 5, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
From a club press release:
St. Louis Blues telecasts earned their highest October TV ratings in the team’s 18 seasons on FOX Sports Midwest.
Blues games on FOX Sports Midwest averaged a 3.5 household rating in St. Louis in October, according to Nielsen Media Research. That’s up 94 percent vs. October 2011 (1.8) and 13 percent higher than the previous October best on FOX Sports Midwest, a 3.1 in 1997.
And let’s not forget the competition for sports fans’ eyeballs in that town during last month — there were 17 St. Louis Cardinals playoff games in October as the beloved baseball team made it all the way to the World Series.
The Blues (8-2-2) play tonight in Montreal. The game can be seen live on FOX Sports Midwest, starting at 6:30 p.m. local time.
The Blues are on NBCSN next Tuesday when they host Phoenix.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 23
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 38
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 64
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)