Nov 5, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
From a club press release:
St. Louis Blues telecasts earned their highest October TV ratings in the team’s 18 seasons on FOX Sports Midwest.
Blues games on FOX Sports Midwest averaged a 3.5 household rating in St. Louis in October, according to Nielsen Media Research. That’s up 94 percent vs. October 2011 (1.8) and 13 percent higher than the previous October best on FOX Sports Midwest, a 3.1 in 1997.
And let’s not forget the competition for sports fans’ eyeballs in that town during last month — there were 17 St. Louis Cardinals playoff games in October as the beloved baseball team made it all the way to the World Series.
The Blues (8-2-2) play tonight in Montreal. The game can be seen live on FOX Sports Midwest, starting at 6:30 p.m. local time.
The Blues are on NBCSN next Tuesday when they host Phoenix.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)