Nov 5, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
From a club press release:
St. Louis Blues telecasts earned their highest October TV ratings in the team’s 18 seasons on FOX Sports Midwest.
Blues games on FOX Sports Midwest averaged a 3.5 household rating in St. Louis in October, according to Nielsen Media Research. That’s up 94 percent vs. October 2011 (1.8) and 13 percent higher than the previous October best on FOX Sports Midwest, a 3.1 in 1997.
And let’s not forget the competition for sports fans’ eyeballs in that town during last month — there were 17 St. Louis Cardinals playoff games in October as the beloved baseball team made it all the way to the World Series.
The Blues (8-2-2) play tonight in Montreal. The game can be seen live on FOX Sports Midwest, starting at 6:30 p.m. local time.
The Blues are on NBCSN next Tuesday when they host Phoenix.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 8
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 55
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 17
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8