Nov 5, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
From a club press release:
St. Louis Blues telecasts earned their highest October TV ratings in the team’s 18 seasons on FOX Sports Midwest.
Blues games on FOX Sports Midwest averaged a 3.5 household rating in St. Louis in October, according to Nielsen Media Research. That’s up 94 percent vs. October 2011 (1.8) and 13 percent higher than the previous October best on FOX Sports Midwest, a 3.1 in 1997.
And let’s not forget the competition for sports fans’ eyeballs in that town during last month — there were 17 St. Louis Cardinals playoff games in October as the beloved baseball team made it all the way to the World Series.
The Blues (8-2-2) play tonight in Montreal. The game can be seen live on FOX Sports Midwest, starting at 6:30 p.m. local time.
The Blues are on NBCSN next Tuesday when they host Phoenix.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 0
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 12
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6