Nov 4, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings will have yet another new face on the blue line when they face the Winnipeg Jets on Monday night.
The team placed defenseman Brendan Smith on injured reserve and called up 2009 seventh-round pick Adam Almquist to take his spot. Almquist impressed with his play during the preseason and continued to play well in the AHL to start the year with seven assists in 10 games. If/When he plays tonight, it’ll mark his NHL debut.
Smith, on the other hand, will be out a minimum of seven days. He was injured in a fight with Edmonton’s Will Acton on Saturday night in the Red Wings’ 5-0 victory.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 4
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 31
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)