Nov 4, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings will have yet another new face on the blue line when they face the Winnipeg Jets on Monday night.
The team placed defenseman Brendan Smith on injured reserve and called up 2009 seventh-round pick Adam Almquist to take his spot. Almquist impressed with his play during the preseason and continued to play well in the AHL to start the year with seven assists in 10 games. If/When he plays tonight, it’ll mark his NHL debut.
Smith, on the other hand, will be out a minimum of seven days. He was injured in a fight with Edmonton’s Will Acton on Saturday night in the Red Wings’ 5-0 victory.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)