Nov 4, 2013, 11:14 AM EDT
The New York Rangers will get a huge boost for tonight’s game against Anaheim, as captain Ryan Callahan will play for the first time since breaking his thumb on Oct. 16.
Callahan, 28, has had a tough go with injuries thus far. He missed the Rangers’ season-opening loss to Phoenix while recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, only to be back on the shelf four games later after busting his thumb in a 2-0 win over Washington.
His return should provide a spark for a Ranges team that’s turned things around recently.
New York has won three straight and is just one victory away from moving to .500 on the season. Tonight’s game against the Ducks should provide even more motivation for the Blueshirts, as Anaheim laid one of the biggest beatings of the year on the Rangers back on Oct. 10 — a 6-0 drubbing at the Honda Center in which the Ducks scored five times in the opening 29 minutes.
Fun fact: Though he’s only played in five games this year, Callahan still sits second among all Rangers in goals, with three.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)