Nov 4, 2013, 11:14 AM EDT
The New York Rangers will get a huge boost for tonight’s game against Anaheim, as captain Ryan Callahan will play for the first time since breaking his thumb on Oct. 16.
Callahan, 28, has had a tough go with injuries thus far. He missed the Rangers’ season-opening loss to Phoenix while recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, only to be back on the shelf four games later after busting his thumb in a 2-0 win over Washington.
His return should provide a spark for a Ranges team that’s turned things around recently.
New York has won three straight and is just one victory away from moving to .500 on the season. Tonight’s game against the Ducks should provide even more motivation for the Blueshirts, as Anaheim laid one of the biggest beatings of the year on the Rangers back on Oct. 10 — a 6-0 drubbing at the Honda Center in which the Ducks scored five times in the opening 29 minutes.
Fun fact: Though he’s only played in five games this year, Callahan still sits second among all Rangers in goals, with three.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)