Nov 4, 2013, 11:14 AM EST
The New York Rangers will get a huge boost for tonight’s game against Anaheim, as captain Ryan Callahan will play for the first time since breaking his thumb on Oct. 16.
Callahan, 28, has had a tough go with injuries thus far. He missed the Rangers’ season-opening loss to Phoenix while recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, only to be back on the shelf four games later after busting his thumb in a 2-0 win over Washington.
His return should provide a spark for a Ranges team that’s turned things around recently.
New York has won three straight and is just one victory away from moving to .500 on the season. Tonight’s game against the Ducks should provide even more motivation for the Blueshirts, as Anaheim laid one of the biggest beatings of the year on the Rangers back on Oct. 10 — a 6-0 drubbing at the Honda Center in which the Ducks scored five times in the opening 29 minutes.
Fun fact: Though he’s only played in five games this year, Callahan still sits second among all Rangers in goals, with three.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 3
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 12
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 22
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)