Nov 4, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
It’s not the typical collection of names you’ve come to expect for three stars but hey, these guys deserved it.
Pominville has been a huge catalyst for the red-hot Wild (winners in five of their last six) and finished tied for the league lead in goals (four) and points (six) last week. The former Sabres captain now has goals in four straight games — his longest streak since 2008 — and sits tied for third in the NHL in goals, with 10, and leads the Wild with 12 points. His 10G-2A line also has him in the running for this year’s Cy Young (for more on the NHL’s Cy Young, click here.)
Second star went to Fleury, who continued his bounce-back campaign by going 3-0-0 with a 1.67 GAA and .940 save percentage. His play was a big part of Pittsburgh going undefeated last week and remaining atop the Metropolitan Division — his best effort came on Nov. 1 when he stopped a season-high 37 shots in a win over Columbus, becoming the first goalie in the NHL this season to reach 10 wins in the process.
Chimera, not known as an offensive weapon, piled up the points last week, leading all NHLers (with six) while posting a career-high four points in a 7-0 drubbing over the Flyers on Friday night. The 34-year-old now has goals in four straight games and sits fourth on the Caps in points, with 11 through 14 games.
It’s worth noting that Chimera’s career-high in points is 39, and he’s nearly one-third of the way there already.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)