Nov 4, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
It’s not the typical collection of names you’ve come to expect for three stars but hey, these guys deserved it.
Pominville has been a huge catalyst for the red-hot Wild (winners in five of their last six) and finished tied for the league lead in goals (four) and points (six) last week. The former Sabres captain now has goals in four straight games — his longest streak since 2008 — and sits tied for third in the NHL in goals, with 10, and leads the Wild with 12 points. His 10G-2A line also has him in the running for this year’s Cy Young (for more on the NHL’s Cy Young, click here.)
Second star went to Fleury, who continued his bounce-back campaign by going 3-0-0 with a 1.67 GAA and .940 save percentage. His play was a big part of Pittsburgh going undefeated last week and remaining atop the Metropolitan Division — his best effort came on Nov. 1 when he stopped a season-high 37 shots in a win over Columbus, becoming the first goalie in the NHL this season to reach 10 wins in the process.
Chimera, not known as an offensive weapon, piled up the points last week, leading all NHLers (with six) while posting a career-high four points in a 7-0 drubbing over the Flyers on Friday night. The 34-year-old now has goals in four straight games and sits fourth on the Caps in points, with 11 through 14 games.
It’s worth noting that Chimera’s career-high in points is 39, and he’s nearly one-third of the way there already.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)