Nov 4, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
It’s not the typical collection of names you’ve come to expect for three stars but hey, these guys deserved it.
Pominville has been a huge catalyst for the red-hot Wild (winners in five of their last six) and finished tied for the league lead in goals (four) and points (six) last week. The former Sabres captain now has goals in four straight games — his longest streak since 2008 — and sits tied for third in the NHL in goals, with 10, and leads the Wild with 12 points. His 10G-2A line also has him in the running for this year’s Cy Young (for more on the NHL’s Cy Young, click here.)
Second star went to Fleury, who continued his bounce-back campaign by going 3-0-0 with a 1.67 GAA and .940 save percentage. His play was a big part of Pittsburgh going undefeated last week and remaining atop the Metropolitan Division — his best effort came on Nov. 1 when he stopped a season-high 37 shots in a win over Columbus, becoming the first goalie in the NHL this season to reach 10 wins in the process.
Chimera, not known as an offensive weapon, piled up the points last week, leading all NHLers (with six) while posting a career-high four points in a 7-0 drubbing over the Flyers on Friday night. The 34-year-old now has goals in four straight games and sits fourth on the Caps in points, with 11 through 14 games.
It’s worth noting that Chimera’s career-high in points is 39, and he’s nearly one-third of the way there already.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (82)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)