Nov 4, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
It’s not the typical collection of names you’ve come to expect for three stars but hey, these guys deserved it.
Pominville has been a huge catalyst for the red-hot Wild (winners in five of their last six) and finished tied for the league lead in goals (four) and points (six) last week. The former Sabres captain now has goals in four straight games — his longest streak since 2008 — and sits tied for third in the NHL in goals, with 10, and leads the Wild with 12 points. His 10G-2A line also has him in the running for this year’s Cy Young (for more on the NHL’s Cy Young, click here.)
Second star went to Fleury, who continued his bounce-back campaign by going 3-0-0 with a 1.67 GAA and .940 save percentage. His play was a big part of Pittsburgh going undefeated last week and remaining atop the Metropolitan Division — his best effort came on Nov. 1 when he stopped a season-high 37 shots in a win over Columbus, becoming the first goalie in the NHL this season to reach 10 wins in the process.
Chimera, not known as an offensive weapon, piled up the points last week, leading all NHLers (with six) while posting a career-high four points in a 7-0 drubbing over the Flyers on Friday night. The 34-year-old now has goals in four straight games and sits fourth on the Caps in points, with 11 through 14 games.
It’s worth noting that Chimera’s career-high in points is 39, and he’s nearly one-third of the way there already.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32