Nov 4, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
Despite having the sort of injury that sounds more week-to-week than day-to-day, it sounds like Vincent Lecavalier will be able to bounce back from Friday’s fight to play for the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday.
To do so, he experimented with different facial protection, ultimately settling on a half-shield, half-cage setup, as he told CSNPhilly.com.
“My vision was a little bit better with my half shield and the little protective thing to protect the lower part of my face,” Lecavalier said. “It fogs up and all that, but those are all things between shifts. Obviously I have to have that right now. I feel good today. Hopefully I’ll be able to play tomorrow. I felt fine on the ice. I just need to protect it and I’ll be good.”
The 33-year-old explains that fighting is just something that “just happens,” even for a finesse player like him.
(One may remember that just happening against Jarome Iginla in the playoffs many moons ago, too.)
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)