Nov 4, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
News and notes from the blue paint…
Montoya gets rare start
Pavelec, 26, is tied for first in the league in starts (13), third in shots faced (399) and fifth in time on ice (758:44) thus far. Montoya, meanwhile, has made just three appearances this year, though one did come recently, in relief of Pavelec during Saturday’s 5-1 loss to Chicago (Montoya allowed one goal on 11 shots).
Despite the limited body of work, the 28-year-old has performed well this year, posting a .944 save percentage and 1.57 GAA.
Andersen in goal for Anaheim
Rookie phenom Frederik Andersen will look to remain perfect this season as the Ducks take on the Rangers at MSG tonight.
Andersen, 24, is 3-0-0 this season with a .944 save percentage and 1.50 GAA. The Danish netminder last played in 4-3 win over Columbus on Oct. 27, stopping 18 of 21 shots — tonight’s start means Jonas Hiller‘s run of three straight games will come to an end (Hiller is 6-2-1 on the year with a 2.57 GAA and .907 save percentage).
– As we reported earlier, Craig Anderson won’t play on Tuesday vs. Columbus as he deals with a neck strain suffered on Sunday in Dallas. Robin Lehner will go for Ottawa, and recently recalled Nathan Lawson will back him up.
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 10
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 13
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)