Nov 4, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
News and notes from the blue paint…
Montoya gets rare start
Pavelec, 26, is tied for first in the league in starts (13), third in shots faced (399) and fifth in time on ice (758:44) thus far. Montoya, meanwhile, has made just three appearances this year, though one did come recently, in relief of Pavelec during Saturday’s 5-1 loss to Chicago (Montoya allowed one goal on 11 shots).
Despite the limited body of work, the 28-year-old has performed well this year, posting a .944 save percentage and 1.57 GAA.
Andersen in goal for Anaheim
Rookie phenom Frederik Andersen will look to remain perfect this season as the Ducks take on the Rangers at MSG tonight.
Andersen, 24, is 3-0-0 this season with a .944 save percentage and 1.50 GAA. The Danish netminder last played in 4-3 win over Columbus on Oct. 27, stopping 18 of 21 shots — tonight’s start means Jonas Hiller‘s run of three straight games will come to an end (Hiller is 6-2-1 on the year with a 2.57 GAA and .907 save percentage).
— As we reported earlier, Craig Anderson won’t play on Tuesday vs. Columbus as he deals with a neck strain suffered on Sunday in Dallas. Robin Lehner will go for Ottawa, and recently recalled Nathan Lawson will back him up.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)