Nov 4, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
News and notes from the blue paint…
Montoya gets rare start
Pavelec, 26, is tied for first in the league in starts (13), third in shots faced (399) and fifth in time on ice (758:44) thus far. Montoya, meanwhile, has made just three appearances this year, though one did come recently, in relief of Pavelec during Saturday’s 5-1 loss to Chicago (Montoya allowed one goal on 11 shots).
Despite the limited body of work, the 28-year-old has performed well this year, posting a .944 save percentage and 1.57 GAA.
Andersen in goal for Anaheim
Rookie phenom Frederik Andersen will look to remain perfect this season as the Ducks take on the Rangers at MSG tonight.
Andersen, 24, is 3-0-0 this season with a .944 save percentage and 1.50 GAA. The Danish netminder last played in 4-3 win over Columbus on Oct. 27, stopping 18 of 21 shots — tonight’s start means Jonas Hiller‘s run of three straight games will come to an end (Hiller is 6-2-1 on the year with a 2.57 GAA and .907 save percentage).
— As we reported earlier, Craig Anderson won’t play on Tuesday vs. Columbus as he deals with a neck strain suffered on Sunday in Dallas. Robin Lehner will go for Ottawa, and recently recalled Nathan Lawson will back him up.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)