Nov 4, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
News and notes from the blue paint…
Montoya gets rare start
Pavelec, 26, is tied for first in the league in starts (13), third in shots faced (399) and fifth in time on ice (758:44) thus far. Montoya, meanwhile, has made just three appearances this year, though one did come recently, in relief of Pavelec during Saturday’s 5-1 loss to Chicago (Montoya allowed one goal on 11 shots).
Despite the limited body of work, the 28-year-old has performed well this year, posting a .944 save percentage and 1.57 GAA.
Andersen in goal for Anaheim
Rookie phenom Frederik Andersen will look to remain perfect this season as the Ducks take on the Rangers at MSG tonight.
Andersen, 24, is 3-0-0 this season with a .944 save percentage and 1.50 GAA. The Danish netminder last played in 4-3 win over Columbus on Oct. 27, stopping 18 of 21 shots — tonight’s start means Jonas Hiller‘s run of three straight games will come to an end (Hiller is 6-2-1 on the year with a 2.57 GAA and .907 save percentage).
— As we reported earlier, Craig Anderson won’t play on Tuesday vs. Columbus as he deals with a neck strain suffered on Sunday in Dallas. Robin Lehner will go for Ottawa, and recently recalled Nathan Lawson will back him up.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)