Nov 4, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The budding 22-year-old star sat on Sunday’s skate for “maintenance” reasons but that wasn’t enough of a rest. Perhaps this is something of a lingering issue (or just a coincidence), as Kane has really been struggling with just one goal and a -4 rating in his last five games.
Winnipeg faces the Detroit Red Wings tonight. The Jets have only won once in their last seven games and the Red Wings are unlikely to make life a lot easier.
Then again, maybe they’ll respond to the challenge of not having their bright – but struggling – star to lean on.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 34
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)