Nov 4, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The budding 22-year-old star sat on Sunday’s skate for “maintenance” reasons but that wasn’t enough of a rest. Perhaps this is something of a lingering issue (or just a coincidence), as Kane has really been struggling with just one goal and a -4 rating in his last five games.
Winnipeg faces the Detroit Red Wings tonight. The Jets have only won once in their last seven games and the Red Wings are unlikely to make life a lot easier.
Then again, maybe they’ll respond to the challenge of not having their bright – but struggling – star to lean on.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 8
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)