Nov 4, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The budding 22-year-old star sat on Sunday’s skate for “maintenance” reasons but that wasn’t enough of a rest. Perhaps this is something of a lingering issue (or just a coincidence), as Kane has really been struggling with just one goal and a -4 rating in his last five games.
Winnipeg faces the Detroit Red Wings tonight. The Jets have only won once in their last seven games and the Red Wings are unlikely to make life a lot easier.
Then again, maybe they’ll respond to the challenge of not having their bright – but struggling – star to lean on.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)