Nov 4, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The budding 22-year-old star sat on Sunday’s skate for “maintenance” reasons but that wasn’t enough of a rest. Perhaps this is something of a lingering issue (or just a coincidence), as Kane has really been struggling with just one goal and a -4 rating in his last five games.
Winnipeg faces the Detroit Red Wings tonight. The Jets have only won once in their last seven games and the Red Wings are unlikely to make life a lot easier.
Then again, maybe they’ll respond to the challenge of not having their bright – but struggling – star to lean on.
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 12
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12