Nov 4, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The budding 22-year-old star sat on Sunday’s skate for “maintenance” reasons but that wasn’t enough of a rest. Perhaps this is something of a lingering issue (or just a coincidence), as Kane has really been struggling with just one goal and a -4 rating in his last five games.
Winnipeg faces the Detroit Red Wings tonight. The Jets have only won once in their last seven games and the Red Wings are unlikely to make life a lot easier.
Then again, maybe they’ll respond to the challenge of not having their bright – but struggling – star to lean on.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)