Nov 4, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
Things were going well for the New York Rangers lately. Unfortunately, a Western Conference team came to town, as the Anaheim Ducks ended the Rangers’ three-game winning streak 2-1 on Monday.
That victory leaves Anaheim at 25 points (12-3-1 in 16 games), leaving them on top of the NHL’s standings at the end of tonight.
(Granted, they’ve played the most games along with Vancouver and Buffalo, while Colorado’s 24 points came in three fewer contests while San Jose’s 23 happened in two less.)
Tonight’s game ended with an odd run of penalties, but the Rangers must still feel a little deflated after tonight’s contest.
On the bright side, their next five games are against Eastern Conference teams.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7