Nov 4, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils provided two concussion-related updates regarding injured players to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti on Monday.
It was good news/bad news regarding Ryane Clowe. GM Lou Lamoriello admitted to Gulitti that there’s “always” concern about a player with Clowe’s history of head injuries being out long-term. On the other hand, Lamoriello believes that the 31-year-old “absolutely” feels better now that he’s working out again.
“If he didn’t feel better, he couldn’t be doing anything,” Lamoriello said.
Meanwhile, there’s still concern that Jon Merrill might have suffered a concussion of his own thanks to Sunday’s spill. That comes even though the 21-year-old passed baseline tests last night.
“We’re having him examined today,” Lamoriello said. “He’s fine. He came back with us. All the tests done were good, but he got a pretty good jolt.”
Either way, the Devils are hurting right now. At least they get until Thursday to heal up a bit.
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 0
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 16
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 55
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)