Nov 4, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils provided two concussion-related updates regarding injured players to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti on Monday.
It was good news/bad news regarding Ryane Clowe. GM Lou Lamoriello admitted to Gulitti that there’s “always” concern about a player with Clowe’s history of head injuries being out long-term. On the other hand, Lamoriello believes that the 31-year-old “absolutely” feels better now that he’s working out again.
“If he didn’t feel better, he couldn’t be doing anything,” Lamoriello said.
Meanwhile, there’s still concern that Jon Merrill might have suffered a concussion of his own thanks to Sunday’s spill. That comes even though the 21-year-old passed baseline tests last night.
“We’re having him examined today,” Lamoriello said. “He’s fine. He came back with us. All the tests done were good, but he got a pretty good jolt.”
Either way, the Devils are hurting right now. At least they get until Thursday to heal up a bit.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)