Nov 4, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils provided two concussion-related updates regarding injured players to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti on Monday.
It was good news/bad news regarding Ryane Clowe. GM Lou Lamoriello admitted to Gulitti that there’s “always” concern about a player with Clowe’s history of head injuries being out long-term. On the other hand, Lamoriello believes that the 31-year-old “absolutely” feels better now that he’s working out again.
“If he didn’t feel better, he couldn’t be doing anything,” Lamoriello said.
Meanwhile, there’s still concern that Jon Merrill might have suffered a concussion of his own thanks to Sunday’s spill. That comes even though the 21-year-old passed baseline tests last night.
“We’re having him examined today,” Lamoriello said. “He’s fine. He came back with us. All the tests done were good, but he got a pretty good jolt.”
Either way, the Devils are hurting right now. At least they get until Thursday to heal up a bit.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 2
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 22
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)