Nov 4, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Oft-injured Canucks winger David Booth is being sent to Utica on a conditioning assignment with the AHL’s Comets.
Booth has missed Vancouver’s last four games after suffering a lower-body injury Oct. 24 in New Jersey.
The Canucks start a four-game road trip Tuesday in Phoenix. It was reported earlier today that Booth may join the team on the trip. It’s not clear if the conditioning assignment changes that.
The Comets (0-6-2), by the way, are the AHL’s only remaining winless team. Their next game is Tuesday at home versus the Toronto Marlies. They also play Thursday and Friday at Lake Erie.
Vancouver’s road trip ends Sunday in Anaheim after stops in San Jose Thursday and Los Angeles Saturday.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 21
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11