Nov 4, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Oft-injured Canucks winger David Booth is being sent to Utica on a conditioning assignment with the AHL’s Comets.
Booth has missed Vancouver’s last four games after suffering a lower-body injury Oct. 24 in New Jersey.
The Canucks start a four-game road trip Tuesday in Phoenix. It was reported earlier today that Booth may join the team on the trip. It’s not clear if the conditioning assignment changes that.
The Comets (0-6-2), by the way, are the AHL’s only remaining winless team. Their next game is Tuesday at home versus the Toronto Marlies. They also play Thursday and Friday at Lake Erie.
Vancouver’s road trip ends Sunday in Anaheim after stops in San Jose Thursday and Los Angeles Saturday.
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 1
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 61
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 13
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)