Nov 4, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seem to keep getting bad news about injuries, so maybe it makes sense that Jeff Skinner‘s trying to consult multiple sources regarding his upper-body injury.
The Raleigh News & Observer reports that the 21-year-old missed Monday’s practice to seek a second opinion about how much time he needs to miss with whatever’s ailing the top half of his body.
One must be most concerned that Skinner’s having recurring concussion problems, but plenty of observers insist it’s probably hand/wrist related. Who knows if the Hurricanes will ever clarify it, yet at least they’re being cautious with the fragile young forward.
“It’s important to be careful with him,” Head coach Kirk Muller said. “We’ll see if there’s a different answer to how it’s healing or what it is, just to make sure before we give him that green light to go again.”
He’s not the only one who has the red light so far. To review:
- Anton Khudobin (lower body) skated on his own on Monday, but is only progressing slowly.
- Cam Ward (lower body) isn’t skating yet.
- Tim Gleason (upper body) and Kevin Westgarth are day-to-day.
- Finally, Radek Dvorak (lower body) remains on the IR but might be activated and play on Tuesday.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 2
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)