Nov 4, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seem to keep getting bad news about injuries, so maybe it makes sense that Jeff Skinner‘s trying to consult multiple sources regarding his upper-body injury.
The Raleigh News & Observer reports that the 21-year-old missed Monday’s practice to seek a second opinion about how much time he needs to miss with whatever’s ailing the top half of his body.
One must be most concerned that Skinner’s having recurring concussion problems, but plenty of observers insist it’s probably hand/wrist related. Who knows if the Hurricanes will ever clarify it, yet at least they’re being cautious with the fragile young forward.
“It’s important to be careful with him,” Head coach Kirk Muller said. “We’ll see if there’s a different answer to how it’s healing or what it is, just to make sure before we give him that green light to go again.”
He’s not the only one who has the red light so far. To review:
- Anton Khudobin (lower body) skated on his own on Monday, but is only progressing slowly.
- Cam Ward (lower body) isn’t skating yet.
- Tim Gleason (upper body) and Kevin Westgarth are day-to-day.
- Finally, Radek Dvorak (lower body) remains on the IR but might be activated and play on Tuesday.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 32
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63