Nov 4, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seem to keep getting bad news about injuries, so maybe it makes sense that Jeff Skinner‘s trying to consult multiple sources regarding his upper-body injury.
The Raleigh News & Observer reports that the 21-year-old missed Monday’s practice to seek a second opinion about how much time he needs to miss with whatever’s ailing the top half of his body.
One must be most concerned that Skinner’s having recurring concussion problems, but plenty of observers insist it’s probably hand/wrist related. Who knows if the Hurricanes will ever clarify it, yet at least they’re being cautious with the fragile young forward.
“It’s important to be careful with him,” Head coach Kirk Muller said. “We’ll see if there’s a different answer to how it’s healing or what it is, just to make sure before we give him that green light to go again.”
He’s not the only one who has the red light so far. To review:
- Anton Khudobin (lower body) skated on his own on Monday, but is only progressing slowly.
- Cam Ward (lower body) isn’t skating yet.
- Tim Gleason (upper body) and Kevin Westgarth are day-to-day.
- Finally, Radek Dvorak (lower body) remains on the IR but might be activated and play on Tuesday.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12