Nov 4, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seem to keep getting bad news about injuries, so maybe it makes sense that Jeff Skinner‘s trying to consult multiple sources regarding his upper-body injury.
The Raleigh News & Observer reports that the 21-year-old missed Monday’s practice to seek a second opinion about how much time he needs to miss with whatever’s ailing the top half of his body.
One must be most concerned that Skinner’s having recurring concussion problems, but plenty of observers insist it’s probably hand/wrist related. Who knows if the Hurricanes will ever clarify it, yet at least they’re being cautious with the fragile young forward.
“It’s important to be careful with him,” Head coach Kirk Muller said. “We’ll see if there’s a different answer to how it’s healing or what it is, just to make sure before we give him that green light to go again.”
He’s not the only one who has the red light so far. To review:
- Anton Khudobin (lower body) skated on his own on Monday, but is only progressing slowly.
- Cam Ward (lower body) isn’t skating yet.
- Tim Gleason (upper body) and Kevin Westgarth are day-to-day.
- Finally, Radek Dvorak (lower body) remains on the IR but might be activated and play on Tuesday.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)