Nov 4, 2013, 10:58 AM EST
Despite impressing the Bruins organization with a pair of assists in two games since his call-up, Ryan Spooner has been sent back to AHL Providence.
Spooner, 21, notched helpers in Thursday’s win over Anaheim and Saturday’s loss to the Islanders, his first two NHL points. The overall performance marked what many thought would be a lengthy trial with Boston — despite their solid depth up front, the Bruins were looking for an offensive spark and Spooner, who’s been nearly a point-a-game scorer with Providence, was thought to be that spark.
But things got in the way.
Specifically, the pending return of winger Loui Eriksson from a concussion. Eriksson has resumed practicing and is believed to be ready to re-join the Bruins soon — Boston opens up a five-game homestand on Tuesday vs. Dallas (Eriksson’s old team) and will go on to face Florida, Toronto, Tampa Bay and Columbus.
Eriksson hasn’t played since taking a high hit from Buffalo’s John Scott on Oct. 23, missing the last five games.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)