Nov 4, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Maple Leafs center Dave Bolland is out indefinitely after having surgery Sunday in Vancouver to repair a severed tendon on the outside of his left ankle, the club announced today.
Bolland suffered the injury in the second period of Saturday’s game versus the Canucks when hit along by the boards by Zack Kassian.
By itself, Bolland’s injury would test Toronto’s depth down the middle. Combine it with the fact center Tyler Bozak has been place on Long-Term Injured Reserve after sustaining what the team is calling a hamstring injury on Oct. 25 versus Columbus, and the Leafs have a big challenge ahead of them.
Toronto’s next game is Friday at home versus the Devils.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 13
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 87
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)