Nov 4, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Maple Leafs center Dave Bolland is out indefinitely after having surgery Sunday in Vancouver to repair a severed tendon on the outside of his left ankle, the club announced today.
Bolland suffered the injury in the second period of Saturday’s game versus the Canucks when hit along by the boards by Zack Kassian.
By itself, Bolland’s injury would test Toronto’s depth down the middle. Combine it with the fact center Tyler Bozak has been place on Long-Term Injured Reserve after sustaining what the team is calling a hamstring injury on Oct. 25 versus Columbus, and the Leafs have a big challenge ahead of them.
Toronto’s next game is Friday at home versus the Devils.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)