Nov 4, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
Maple Leafs center Dave Bolland is out indefinitely after having surgery Sunday in Vancouver to repair a severed tendon on the outside of his left ankle, the club announced today.
Bolland suffered the injury in the second period of Saturday’s game versus the Canucks when hit along by the boards by Zack Kassian.
By itself, Bolland’s injury would test Toronto’s depth down the middle. Combine it with the fact center Tyler Bozak has been place on Long-Term Injured Reserve after sustaining what the team is calling a hamstring injury on Oct. 25 versus Columbus, and the Leafs have a big challenge ahead of them.
Toronto’s next game is Friday at home versus the Devils.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)