Nov 4, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche have lost one of their most productive forwards, as head coach Patrick Roy announced Alex Tanguay would miss the next two weeks — minimum — with a knee injury.
Tanguay, who turns 34 this month, was enjoying his reunion in Colorado. At the time of injury he was second on the team in assists (with six) and fourth in points (with nine).
Tanguay left Saturday’s win against Montreal with the knee injury in the second period, didn’t return, and had an MRI on Sunday. Assuming he’ll be out the full two weeks, Tanguay could miss as many as six games with the ailment, including Wednesday’s game in Denver against the Predators.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 16
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 22
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 88
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)