Nov 4, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche have lost one of their most productive forwards, as head coach Patrick Roy announced Alex Tanguay would miss the next two weeks — minimum — with a knee injury.
Tanguay, who turns 34 this month, was enjoying his reunion in Colorado. At the time of injury he was second on the team in assists (with six) and fourth in points (with nine).
Tanguay left Saturday’s win against Montreal with the knee injury in the second period, didn’t return, and had an MRI on Sunday. Assuming he’ll be out the full two weeks, Tanguay could miss as many as six games with the ailment, including Wednesday’s game in Denver against the Predators.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)