Nov 4, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
The news on Craig Anderson isn’t great, but it’s not terrible either.
Anderson, stretchered off during Ottawa’s 4-3 shootout loss to Dallas on Sunday after a collision with Valeri Nichushkin, is listed as day-to-day with a strained neck but won’t make the trip to Columbus for Tuesday’s game against the Blue Jackets.
“It’s as positive as can be,” said Sens head coach Paul MacLean.
Here’s the incident in question:
Anderson, 31, will be replaced in the interim by Robin Lehner and the Sens have announced Nathan Lawson will be called up from AHL Binghamton to dress as the backup on Tuesday.
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 6
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)