Nov 4, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
The news on Craig Anderson isn’t great, but it’s not terrible either.
Anderson, stretchered off during Ottawa’s 4-3 shootout loss to Dallas on Sunday after a collision with Valeri Nichushkin, is listed as day-to-day with a strained neck but won’t make the trip to Columbus for Tuesday’s game against the Blue Jackets.
“It’s as positive as can be,” said Sens head coach Paul MacLean.
Here’s the incident in question:
Anderson, 31, will be replaced in the interim by Robin Lehner and the Sens have announced Nathan Lawson will be called up from AHL Binghamton to dress as the backup on Tuesday.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)